Can You Project Onto The Side Of A Cake With The Projector?

Decorating By springlakecake Updated 2 Jun 2007 , 9:17pm by NEWTODECORATING

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 12:48pm
post #1 of 5

Do any any of the projectors allow you to project onto the side of a cake or only the top? i am assuming it would be too hard to do, but just curious.

4 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 5

I have done this, though it isn't easy. You have to figure out how low to place the projector in order for the image to hit the cake where you want it. I also have problems with my projector top moving when you rotate it. But, yes, you can do it!

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 6:05pm
post #3 of 5

The last wedding cake I did (in my pics) had lots of swiss dots. I don't have an impression mat for them and wanted them all even--so I stacked up books and set my projector on them to the right height and projected the dots right on there!! Worked like a charm.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 7:31pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks. I was thinking for scrolls or something. I do not have a projector, but was wondering if it would be worth it to me.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 9:17pm
post #5 of 5

Hey I know there are some great projectors out there-KopyKake sells one, but if your looking for something inexpensive to see if you want to make the investment or not.....I picked one up at Michael's with the 50% off I think it was $12.00. Works fine for my needs. You can also send away for the arm to fit it onto it and project down on the top of a cake for another $12.00. I am playing around with it to improve my writing now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%