What Do You Prefer?

Decorating By Jeffsgal Updated 2 Jun 2007 , 1:36pm by Doug

Jeffsgal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeffsgal Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 4:01am
post #1 of 7

What do you prefer.......
Self-made flowers or pre-made/purchased.

As a newbie.... I would like to turn out the most visually pleasing product possible. However, my skills in the area flower making are less than stellar!

I have found some stunning pieces online, and am ready to go with them, but I thought I'd get some of CC's talented and valuable feedback.

So.........?

6 replies
miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 4:05am
post #2 of 7

I have fun making flowers so I make them myself. This is also my way of justifying my penchant for buying cake toys icon_smile.gif

torki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torki Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 5:52am
post #3 of 7

I agree..they are fun to make!!! Plus you can make any colour and size and amount you need.!!

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 6:15am
post #4 of 7

I think they are fun to make too and look nicer then the ones you buy premade. However, if you were short on time I would buy them. Or if you need a lot of them.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 1:00pm
post #5 of 7

As I tell my brides: "You have to decide if you have more time or money".

I don't have that kind of time. Unless it's a simple BC rose or something, I'm using the purchased ones. It's cheaper for me to buy them than it is to pay a staff member to make them. (That's my rule of thumb for everything I do .... what would it cost me in payroll vs. what would it cost me to just buy it?)

gismo12002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gismo12002 Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 1:31pm
post #6 of 7

I always make my own--that way I get color and type I want! Plus the expense of buying vs making! Don't think I would like the bought kind! Good luck!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 1:36pm
post #7 of 7

pre-bought --- after all, we do want them to look good, now don't we?!

(not to mention, no patience for that kind of frilly froo-froo work)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%