Bct Question

Decorating By kissmeandcstars Updated 29 May 2005 , 11:35am by freakyfrau

kissmeandcstars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kissmeandcstars Posted 28 May 2005 , 2:46pm
post #1 of 11

Ok so over this holiday weekend I am going to attempt my first frozen buttercream transfer. I think it should be easy - the only question I have is when coloring in the transfer do you just fill it in with stars? And then when you smooth the back, that's what makes the front smooth?

help!

Thanks icon_smile.gif

10 replies
Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 28 May 2005 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmeandcstars

Ok so over this holiday weekend I am going to attempt my first frozen buttercream transfer. I think it should be easy - the only question I have is when coloring in the transfer do you just fill it in with stars? And then when you smooth the back, that's what makes the front smooth?

help!

Thanks icon_smile.gif

NO you dont do it that way... Here is a step by step that Cali4dawn has put together to show you how to do this...
http://www.ladycakes.com/buttercream_transfer.htm

Hope it helps and good luck...

kissmeandcstars Posted 28 May 2005 , 3:08pm
post #3 of 11

That's the directions I was going to use.....but it says after you outline the image, begin coloring it in and she doesn't say how to do that? What tip do I use?

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 28 May 2005 , 3:22pm
post #4 of 11
Quote:

That's the directions I was going to use.....but it says after you outline the image, begin coloring it in and she doesn't say how to do that? What tip do I use?

I dont think there is a tip or at least when I did it I did not use a tip I just used a parchment bag with frosting and just squeezed it out and filled it in that way and then smoothed the back....

kissmeandcstars Posted 28 May 2005 , 3:30pm
post #5 of 11

ahhh that makes sense icon_smile.gif I was looking at the pictures in the directions and it looks like she is using a tip so that's why I wasn't sure what to do but it seems like just filling a bag will do the trick icon_smile.gif

Thanks so much for your quick replies!

jennifer

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 29 May 2005 , 12:27am
post #6 of 11

Hi, Jennifer. When I do mine I will use tip 1 or 2 to outline with. And depending on the sizes of areas within the picture, I will use various round hole tips. Sometimes I will use a 1 and other times I may be able to use up to a 5 or 6. Hope this helps!
Tanya

thyterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thyterrell Posted 29 May 2005 , 12:40am
post #7 of 11

This may be a really stupid question, but to do the BCT, I keep reading in the instructions to "print your image out in reverse/mirror image". I can't figure out how on my printer to do that. Can anyone help?

kissmeandcstars Posted 29 May 2005 , 2:29am
post #8 of 11

ok my transfer is in the freezer....i did an american flag....a little hard with the small lines of the flag so we'll see how it comes out!

For the printer question - if you go to your print setup and click on Properties and then Features, there should be an option that says Flip Horizontal and a box to check off next to it. That's what mine has at least! Hope that helps.

Thanks everyone for your help today! icon_biggrin.gif

thyterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thyterrell Posted 29 May 2005 , 9:41am
post #9 of 11

thank you, kissmeandcstars, for answering my printer question.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 29 May 2005 , 10:41am
post #10 of 11

If you have lettering in your BCT, just flipping the horizontally or vertically won't give you a "mirror" image, just backwards!

I am sorry to say that I can't find my notes on how to do the "Mirror" image, but someone else will come along and tell you, I hope! I just didn't want you to make the same mistake I did...I thought it was mirror but it was just backward and I had to cut off the lettering and just use the picture! Janice

freakyfrau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freakyfrau Posted 29 May 2005 , 11:35am
post #11 of 11
Quote:

help!

Thanks icon_smile.gif

I did one yesterday and filled it in with stars-it ended up with the texture of a basketball!!! Good learning experience! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%