Mermaidia Coloring Book

Decorating By marccrand Updated 5 Jun 2007 , 7:06pm by marccrand

marccrand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marccrand Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 5:47am
post #1 of 9

A friend of mine called me today desperate because the cake she ordered for her daughter's birthday Saturday (hhmmm ---- maybe she's not such a great friend, why didn't she order from me?) fell through. Could I do a cupcake cake for Saturday morning?

She wanted it to be Barbie Mermaidia. I've been doing online research all day (I've never heard of her before today) and found lots of Mermaidia products. I've copy/pasted a ton of pictures for reference, but they are pretty complex. I'd really rather use coloring book pages. If I had more time I'd just order one of the coloring books.

I have to work tomorrow so I'll be up most of Friday night. I'm a real pushover when it comes to money, especially for friends, but I stuck to my guns and even charged a little extra emergency fee!

Does anyone have the coloring book? Could someone scan one of the pages for me? It would save me so much work!!

Well, the cupcakes are out of the oven and it's 2am so I'm going to bed. Thanks in advance for any help given.

8 replies
marccrand Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 2:37pm
post #2 of 9

Anyone???

marccrand Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 5:24am
post #3 of 9

Well, it's done. I bought the coloring book from the bookstore and of course there weren't any pictures I could use by itself so I did a composite of a couple of pictures. I got to bed at 7:30 am Saturday morning and delivered it at noon. I was pretty happy with it considering my limited resources and time. The birthday girl loved it and mom seemed okay with it, although she mentioned a couple of times that now she was broke! I just responded by telling her how tired I was! lol

Check out the photo if you want.

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 6:43am
post #4 of 9

It's a beautiful cake. Well if she was so broke, she could've made a cake herself, would've saved her a ton of money. I hate it, when people start complaining about cost when it comes to paying for a cake.

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 7:09am
post #5 of 9

It's a beautiful cake. Is it a FBCT or did you do the image another way. It is so neat and precise.

I really like the colors and the writing.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 7:39am
post #6 of 9

Wow, great job on the ccc. icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_cool.gif

You shouldn't feel bad about taking the money, or asking for an additional "emergency" fee because of the lateness of the order.

Time is money, and you were right on when you told your friend you were tired (because of the hours spent on the ccc).

You Go Girl!!!!!

cake_freak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_freak Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 7:58am
post #7 of 9

how do you do a cupcake cake i dont see how its done!!!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 6:22pm
post #8 of 9

Multi-linked thread on how to make CCC:
(Also how to frost, transport, etc.)

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-71151-.html

HTH

marccrand Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 7:06pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks for the kind words. Elina and the lettering was done using the pin-prick method. By the time I got to the little creature (Bibble - I think) the bc had crusted so much I could hardly see the pricks, so he's kind of freehand. I was worried about it but Mom said everyone recognized him.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%