Wilton Course Ii

Decorating By fuzzykoala22 Updated 11 Jul 2006 , 2:01am by Ohara

fuzzykoala22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fuzzykoala22 Posted 10 Jul 2006 , 3:47am
post #1 of 11

I'm so excited! I'm starting Course II this Thursday, and haven't heard from the instructor yet, but do I have to bring anything to the first night of class? I know for Course I we just watched and listened the first night; will Course II be the same way or will we start right away?

10 replies
mushbug9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mushbug9 Posted 10 Jul 2006 , 3:51am
post #2 of 11

You do need your course 2 kit, bags and a batch of buttercream for the first night. You will use it for the Mum, reverse shell ect. if you have your book, go through it. You don't have to color the icing if you don't want to since you won't be keeping any of the stuff you practice with the BC,and you don't need to bring a cake. Good luck and have fun. icon_smile.gif

Cakers84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakers84 Posted 10 Jul 2006 , 4:22am
post #3 of 11

Perfect explanation mushbug9. thumbs_up.gif

fuzzykoala22, DD and I will have our second Course II class this coming Wednesday. Like you we are having so much fun learning. Enjoy your classes and we look forward to seeing your new creations.

Your C.C. Sisters,
Gloria I & Gloria II icon_smile.gif

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 10 Jul 2006 , 10:32am
post #4 of 11

When you signed up, you should have received a sheet listing all the things you need for the first night of class--which does include icing, but no cake. Sorry, at this early in the morning, I can't remember the exact amounts that you need. And you will also need your CII kit if you don't already have all the supplies.

fuzzykoala22 Posted 10 Jul 2006 , 2:37pm
post #5 of 11

Thanks, I'll have to go to Michael's and get a list. The cashier that signed me up never gave me anything! icon_sad.gif

fuzzykoala22 Posted 10 Jul 2006 , 7:25pm
post #6 of 11

So I called Michael's about getting a supply list... and the people there were clueless. They told me there was no supply list, so they gave me the instructor's phone number. I'm glad I called her to find out what I needed, but I would have thought that the store would be better equipped to tell me what I need to bring. I guess there's not much communication between the store and the instructors. Anyone else encounter this problem?

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 10 Jul 2006 , 7:31pm
post #7 of 11

I had the same problem, the store is clueless. It's a shame they don't put more effort into the classes they offer.

mommabuda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabuda Posted 10 Jul 2006 , 11:14pm
post #8 of 11

we never got a list... it's just in the book... you should have the book and the kit... it's all listed in lesson 1 what you need to bring, just like course 1 was.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 11 Jul 2006 , 12:51am
post #9 of 11

Unfortunetly there are people at the store that are clueless. Then again if they do not have the information to hand out it is not always their fault either. It is the Instructors job to make sure that they do have the supply lists in the book so they can hand them out.

I'm glad you got a hold of your instructor to got the information you needed.

I do not hand out the C2 book until the first night of the class, but I do make sure my students have the supply list before they leave C1 Lesson 4.

Here is the list I pass out to my students:

Course 2 Reminder!
Please bring the following to Course 2 Lesson 1:

- Class Registration Fee Receipt
- 1 Recipe Class Buttercream Icing as follows:
  1/2 cups Thin Consistency
  1 1/2 cups Medium Consistency
  1 cup Stiff Consistency
(Note: These can be left over icings from Course 1, and do not have to be exact.)
- Practice Board
- Decorating bags of choice
- Couplers
- Tips 3, 5, 16, 21, 81, 104 (Bring tips from your C1 & C2 kits)
- Flower Nail
- Wax paper squares
- Small spatula

Tools from your kitchen:
- Apron (optional)
- Tape
- Scissors
- Toothpicks
- Container for supplies
- Damp Cloth/sponge
- Note pad, pencil/pen
- Plastic bags to take home decorating tools used in class

We will be using the practice board to review the Shell border, learn the Reverse Shell border, Rosette, and Rosebud. We will also learn the Chrysanthemum, which is made using the flower nail. At the end of the lesson I will show you how to make Royal icing, along with explaining Color Flow icing and preparing your patterns for Lesson 2. The only cake we do in Course 2 we will be for Lesson 4.

Please have your bags prepared with your couplers and tips as follows. This will help cut down prep time between techniques and will give us time to cover everything in the Lesson.

- 1/2 Thin Consistency Icing:
-  Bag with tip 3

- 1 1/2 Medium Consistency Icing:
-  Bag with coupler and tips 21, 16, 81, 5

- 1 cup Stiff Consistency Icing:
-  Bag with tip 104

- - - - - - - - -
I know you got the information already but thought I would post this for anyone else that has had the problem. icon_smile.gif

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 11 Jul 2006 , 2:00am
post #10 of 11

I took my first course at Joann Fabrics and had to buy the book. When I signed up for my second course I took it at Michaels. I bought the book at Joanns (couldn't figure out why Michaels didn't have it for sale). Boy was I surprised when the instructor gave me a book the first class of my second course.LOL

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 11 Jul 2006 , 2:01am
post #11 of 11

I took my first course at Joann Fabrics and had to buy the book. When I signed up for my second course I took it at Michaels. I bought the book at Joanns (couldn't figure out why Michaels didn't have it for sale). Boy was I surprised when the instructor gave me a book the first class of my second course.LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%