Other Options Than Sugar Bubbles

Decorating By Molly2 Updated 10 Jul 2006 , 1:02am by regymusic

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 9 Jul 2006 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 5

I will be making a Whimsical Tilted Ocean theme birthday cake for my soon to be 7yr old nephew I have seen cakes on here that have what looks like bubbles on them, Im think they are called blown sugar bubbles I dont know how to do this type of thing and from what Im reading on here it take a while to learn how to do this, so does anyone know it there is something else that can be done to get this same effect I would love to be able to put something like this on this cake

Thanks
Molly2

4 replies
regymusic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
regymusic Posted 9 Jul 2006 , 4:01pm
post #2 of 5

Haven't tried it, but some will luster dust balls of fondant with super pearl to get that shimmery effect.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 9 Jul 2006 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 5

since its for a child, i would go to the grocery and in the bulk bin get some different sized white gumballs, throw in a bag with some pearl dust and shake.

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 9 Jul 2006 , 7:06pm
post #4 of 5

You know I have not even thought of that that is a great idea I plan to go the the candy store this week I'll put that on my list

Thanks

Molly icon_biggrin.gif

regymusic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
regymusic Posted 10 Jul 2006 , 1:02am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by peg818

since its for a child, i would go to the grocery and in the bulk bin get some different sized white gumballs, throw in a bag with some pearl dust and shake.

I'll second that! I have a nautical cake theme due this month. I think I will give that a try.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%