Shipping Cookies To Warm Location

Baking By Kate714 Updated 31 May 2007 , 4:23pm by Kate714

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 31 May 2007 , 12:45am
post #1 of 6

I just received a message from an old friend in Florida that her dog died suddenly...she is devastated. she asked not to receive any phone calls, but apparently she is planning a funeral. I was thinking of sending flowers but I am a little short on cash, so I was thinking of doing some simply decorated flower cookies. I would cover in MMF with royal details.

My question: in shipping from CT to FL, how do I make sure they don't melt in the heat? any tips?

thanks.

5 replies
cookiecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiecreations Posted 31 May 2007 , 11:26am
post #2 of 6

That's so nice of you to send her some cookie flowers!

I ship all over but use only royal icing which holds up very well. I'm not sure how well MMF will hold up being shipped to a warm humid climate. The only suggestion I can provide is to wrap each cookie individually in cello bags and seal the bag so there's a bubble of air in it. When packing I wouldn't stack them but would recommend lining them up in a row formation in a box just big enough for the cookies and the packing materials. Use small bubble wrap or packing peanuts to place between each cookie to prevent them from touching. Then pack that box in a shipping box. HTH! PM me if you want more info.

Kate714 Posted 31 May 2007 , 12:17pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm starting to think if I do these, MMF is not the way to go, so I guess I'd have to do royal!

mangiamangia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mangiamangia Posted 31 May 2007 , 1:07pm
post #4 of 6

I have had sucess shipping MMF cookies with royal accents. Cookiecreations gives great advise for shipping too. I bag each one then bubble wrap each one individually too. When I have cookies that are not all the same shape or size I also tape each one to a layer of cardboard then place that into the box. That helps keep them all where they need to be!

I am sure your friend will appreciate the thoughtful kindness you are expressing thru your gift. I have lost my dog in tragic circumstance and having friends to love and support you is so improtant.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 May 2007 , 1:29pm
post #5 of 6

styrofoam is a great insulator,so I'd go with the styrofoam peanuts.

Kate714 Posted 31 May 2007 , 4:23pm
post #6 of 6

great, guys, thanks! I'm going to get working on these.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%