How Would A Cookies And Cream Filling Taste With A Wasc Cake

Decorating By diamondsmom Updated 8 Jul 2006 , 11:08am by diamondsmom

diamondsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsmom Posted 7 Jul 2006 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 6

has anyone tried the White almond sourcream cake with a cookies and cream filling? how would that combination taste? any ideas would be appreciated. thanks diamondsmom

5 replies
diamondsmom Posted 7 Jul 2006 , 8:22pm
post #2 of 6

guess no one knows. Bump

BekkiM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BekkiM Posted 7 Jul 2006 , 8:25pm
post #3 of 6

Personally, I think the cookies and cream would overwhelm the WASC cake--the flavors of the WASC cake are more delicate than oreos. But that's just my opinion. icon_biggrin.gif

If you really want the cookies and cream filling, I'd do it with a chocolate cake and if you really want the WASC cake, I'd do it with a white chocolate buttercream.

In any event, they're YOUR taste buds--do what pleases you!

diamondsmom Posted 7 Jul 2006 , 8:35pm
post #4 of 6

that sounds delicious. I'll do the oreos with the french vanilla cake for the kids at the party and the WASC with the white chocolat buttercream well kids as well as adults would love.

Is there a recipe on CC for white chocolate buttercream? thanks a lot.

BekkiM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BekkiM Posted 7 Jul 2006 , 8:47pm
post #5 of 6

There's this one: http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2096-268-White-chocolate-buttercream.html

But I have to admit, I haven't tried it myself (it does have a 4.6 rating out of 5, so we know somebody likes it icon_lol.gif ). I've used one from BHG with varying degrees of success--the first time it was to die for, the second time I cried b/c it just slid off my cake. I think the trick is to beat the white chocolate custard into the butter a little bit at a time to make a good emulsion, otherwise it's just too runny. Anyway, here's the recipe I use:

½ cup sugar
2 tbsp flour
6 egg yolks
1½ cups milk
6 oz white chocolate
1½ teas vanilla
½ teas almond extract
1 cup butter

Combine the 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour in a medium mixing bowl; add egg yolks. Beat mixture with a wire whisk until combined; set aside. Heat the 1-1/2 cups milk in a heavy saucepan over medium heat just to boiling. Remove from heat. Gradually beat hot milk into egg mixture with the wire whisk; return entire mixture to saucepan. Cook over medium heat until bubbly, whisking constantly. Cook 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Add white baking bars, 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla, and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Let stand for 1 minute; stir until smooth. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap to prevent skin from forming; cool to room temperature. Beat the 1 cup butter in a medium mixing bowl on medium to high speed until fluffy. Add cooled baking bar mixture, one-fourth at a time, beating on low speed after each addition until combined.

diamondsmom Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 11:08am
post #6 of 6

THNAKS

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%