50Th Birthday...tiger Print

Decorating By scoobam Updated 9 Jul 2006 , 3:16am by CakeTopper

scoobam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoobam Posted 7 Jul 2006 , 11:36am
post #1 of 3

Hey everyone...

I may have a cake order coming up for next month... and this would be my first from someone who wasn't a good friend/family, etc. She's more of an aquaintance I met recently... so of course I really want to do this and impress the heck out of them, who doesn't, right??

Anyway... this is what she has told me..

Quote:
Quote:

No "over the hill" stuff. A little about her... she's italian, very fashionable, but excentric, she acts like she's twenty, wild. I always envision her with tiger print as she has a tiger print dress

I don't know how many people yet... but I was thinking maybe the shoe box, high heel shoe thing with a bag... have the shoe and the bag in matching tiger print??

Or just find something fashionable and Italian to design onto a tiered cake..

I tried searching out tiger print cakes and not having much luck.
Anyone do one??? or animal print bags or shoes? Or any other ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

2 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 7 Jul 2006 , 12:06pm
post #2 of 3

shoe and purse sound like a great idea...

for the print...search the Internet for faux fur tiger print. lots of examples to use. (most will be rugs or bedspreads) looks fairly simple...reddish-tan background, painted on black stripes.

fondant will be easiest, considering all the painting involved.

oh, and don't forget to accessorize...what self-respecting high-fashion Italian goddess would go out of the house without her scarf (matching print), her sunglasses and all that jewelry (bracelets esp.)

CakeTopper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeTopper Posted 9 Jul 2006 , 3:16am
post #3 of 3

I've seen a lot of shoe shopping themed cakes lately and many of the incorporate animal print. Hope these help.

http://www.kimberlyfullerton.com/birthdaybonike.htm

http://confetticakes.com/fashionistas4a.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%