How Do I Do Cream Cheese Frosting

Business By Rochelle1 Updated 14 Jul 2007 , 11:39am by leily

Rochelle1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rochelle1 Posted 29 May 2007 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 14

Years ago I made cream cheese frosting without much research and learnt my lessen. This week end I am doing a carrot cake and want to design it in a book. How do I make the cream cheese frosting to hold up to piping and colouring?

I am living in Jamaica so you can bet my kitchen is not cool

13 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 29 May 2007 , 11:21pm
post #2 of 14

well, i take my decorators icing and omit some of the butter and subsitute the cream cheese for it.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 29 May 2007 , 11:37pm
post #3 of 14

there is a decorating crusting cheese recipe that will work for you.

EverlastingSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EverlastingSweets Posted 29 May 2007 , 11:56pm
post #4 of 14

look in the recipe box and there is a recipe for Crusting Cream Cheese icing, it is awesome! My most requested icing.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 29 May 2007 , 11:59pm
post #5 of 14

I just pm'd it to you.

dogluvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 12:18am
post #6 of 14

I just used that Crusting Creamcheese recipe over the weekend and it worked out great.........

gramofgwen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gramofgwen Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 4:39pm
post #7 of 14

Just double checking - this still needs to be refrigerated, right?

Rochelle1 Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 5:40pm
post #8 of 14

The frosting came out fine thank you. It just does not travel well in this Jamaican temperature. Then it spent way too much time than I would expect on display. So the edges fell off. My only consolation is it tasted great though. I intend to get a cooler for such delivery next time. Here is a photo before. I was much too disappointed to want crystalise the memory of the melted cake at the party in photo.
LL

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 5:57pm
post #9 of 14

Next time you can try putting it in the refrigderator over night so I can set, I do this so the cake can stand the heat with not much problems.

Rochelle1 Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 4:13am
post #10 of 14

Trust me it was in the freezer but I traveled for three hours to the family function. which was suppose to start at 12 noon. It was fine when I arrived but the cake did not get refrigerated after that so when they did the cutting of the cake at about 5pm you can imagine the state of it. It was a sunny enough day too. So it was a twiced baked cake

chris7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chris7 Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 10:34pm
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverlastingSweets

look in the recipe box and there is a recipe for Crusting Cream Cheese icing, it is awesome! My most requested icing.

could you please post the recipe. i need one by friday.

chris7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chris7 Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 10:37pm
post #12 of 14

could somebody out there please post a cream cheese recipe for roses and borders. cant find one .

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 11:23am
post #13 of 14

My regular buttercream recipe is all shortening. I converted it to "cream cheese" adding real butter, less shortening and flavoring. I use the "Cheesecake flavoring" by LorAnn. I also add a little extra butter flavoring. It acts like buttercream but tastes really nice. Refrigeration isn't needed and it stays on the cake.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 11:39am
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris7

could somebody out there please post a cream cheese recipe for roses and borders. cant find one .

If you go into the recipes tab at the top of the page you can search for cream cheese icings. The Crusting Cream cheese icing recipe they were talking about above is in there with quite a few other recipes.

here is the direct link to the Crusting Cream Cheese icing which I have used and it works well.

HTH

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2047-17-Crusting-Cream-Cheese-Icing.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%