Wedding Cake Made Of Cupcakes????

Decorating By bennettsrus Updated 7 Jul 2006 , 11:43pm by antonia74

bennettsrus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bennettsrus Posted 5 Jul 2006 , 6:32pm
post #1 of 8

Okay so I got this request today and I am stummped?
Has anyone done this before? If so do you have any pictures to share.
It's for about 230 people. How much does something like this cost me... and how much would I charge her?

Any help would be greatly appreciated before my consultation with her.

7 replies
debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 5 Jul 2006 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 8

I can't comment on pricing per cupcake, but I can tell you that CCWedding cakes are all the rage now. And since each cupcake is considered a serving, you price per serving.

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 5 Jul 2006 , 6:54pm
post #3 of 8

There are LOTS of photos in the Gallery on here. Go to the Wedding Cakes (Mini Cakes/Petit Fours) section or just type in cupcake or cupcakes.

Debsuewoo is right, a portion is considered a cupcake...but if it's not their main dessert for all 230, aim for 180 or so cupcakes. That's usually plenty if there is another dessert or a table of sweets.

debbie2881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie2881 Posted 5 Jul 2006 , 8:21pm
post #4 of 8
sweetoccasions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetoccasions Posted 5 Jul 2006 , 10:59pm
post #5 of 8

Here's a link to one of my favorites from antonia74. I love the display. I believe she tells how she made the stand in one of her posts.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=favpics&cat=0&pos=-9326

Have fun with it. Be sure to post your pictures when you're done.

sweetoccasions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetoccasions Posted 5 Jul 2006 , 11:00pm
post #6 of 8

Oops. Double post. Now I know how everyone does it.

candyladyhelen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyladyhelen Posted 5 Jul 2006 , 11:15pm
post #7 of 8

I charge the same price as my per person wedding cake pricing. There is alot involved. You are mixing, putting the paper cups in the pans, cooling, frosting, & then flowers for each one. So it's alot. Also, when I do my cupcake wedding cakes, I bake the same day as the wedding. Cupcakes can get stale really fast.

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 7 Jul 2006 , 11:43pm
post #8 of 8

I charge half the price of my cake slices. I find that the Cupcake Towers take me about 1/4 of the time to make than a wedding cake for the same guest count.

I do charge an additional 25 cents (gumpaste cut-out flower or something easy) to 50 cents (buttercream flower or chocolate moulded shape) for toppers on the cupcakes.

I completely agree about only baking them the day of the event/wedding. Much nicer! Plus, you don't have to refrigerate and use up all that fridge space.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%