Prep Assistant

Decorating By BaltimoreCoutureCakes Updated 28 May 2007 , 3:41pm by BaltimoreCoutureCakes

BaltimoreCoutureCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BaltimoreCoutureCakes Posted 28 May 2007 , 2:10pm
post #1 of 6

Here it goes. I will be interviewing this week for a prep assistant job. I was asked what salary I was looking for. I have no clue as to what a prep assistant is worth. Please help me. I have to email her back today with my salary requirements. This is not a typical bakery Charm City Cupcakes. Not sure if its associates with Duff. Probably not.

5 replies
Antylucifer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Antylucifer Posted 28 May 2007 , 3:14pm
post #2 of 6

I don't have any idea what the basic pay would be, but there are several web-sites that have done salary studies by occupation. Here are a couple-but you can always check out Monster.com and a few of the other job search sites. Also, if it were me, I would be willing to work for a lesser salary to gain the experience.

http://www.salaryexpert.com/

http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/layouthtmls/swzl_salaryrange.html

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 28 May 2007 , 3:22pm
post #3 of 6

When I interviewed for my job I put a range of salary...try putting the minimum you want to work for and then the highest you think you are worth (plus some) and see what they think. Like maybe say $9-$15/hr or something.

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 28 May 2007 , 3:27pm
post #4 of 6

K, for one you are not a beginner by any means, so I wouldn't go for the minimum salary. What is the going wage there? Is it 10.00 p/h 12.00 p/h or maybe 8.00 p/h. And I don't mean in just decorating or bakeries. But the general. If you could find someone who works at Walmart to divulge what the starting wage is... that's a good indication of the lower end of the wage scale and I would definitely go from there. But don't sell yourself short.
It's kinda like this. You can always quote high but don't quote too low. Because you can always come down but you can't go up.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 28 May 2007 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 6

http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/35-2021.00

This is where you NEED to go!! It's called O-Net and it tells you everything about your career from what you'll be doing to the pay you can have!
The link I gave you is for the summary of the job but if you click on any of the titles you can learn more and I think at the very end of those tabs is the wages and salary. It said the median wage was $8.20 an hour but, you should really check this site out! IT's awesome! This site is where I learned I wanted to work in Public Relations this last semester in school.

BaltimoreCoutureCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BaltimoreCoutureCakes Posted 28 May 2007 , 3:41pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the info. I really don't know the general salary. My mom says 12/h is a good starting point but I always high ball the starting and go down from ther. I will check the websites. Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%