Dance Theme

Baking By keonicakes Updated 29 May 2007 , 11:27am by cookiecreations

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 28 May 2007 , 5:20am
post #1 of 5

I need ideas for a dance them. Need lots of flower cookies, have no rose cutter and no time to order one. Nor can I find the right material to make one. Any ideas that would go well with a dance recital? Thanks all,
Amy

4 replies
darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 28 May 2007 , 11:54am
post #2 of 5

What kind of dance are you talking about? Balet, tap, jazz, hip hop? lol was thiking of dance shoes or music notes or a piano. if you dont have a cookie cutter you can make a template from stiff cardboard or a cake board I've done that and it works pretty good.

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 29 May 2007 , 1:29am
post #3 of 5

Do you have a heart cutter? If so, maybe you could pipe flowers onto the hearts....my daughters were in dance recitals for years, and I bought them flowers each and every time...but Heart Cookies with flowers piped onto them would have been so much more fun! icon_biggrin.gif Just a quick thought! Let us know
what you come up with.

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 29 May 2007 , 1:43am
post #4 of 5

how about a crown? or use a star cutter, you probably have one of those laying around...kind of like "you're a star!" or, I saw some cookies posted today that were just round and she painted flowers on them with a brush and color gels. she said she used Americolor but I would think Wilton would work too??

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=571863

cookiecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiecreations Posted 29 May 2007 , 11:27am
post #5 of 5

As darcat said you can make a template of the shape you want. You can also make a bouquet of flowers on almost any shape cookie.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%