Penny's Cookie Dough-Really Sticky????

Baking By SueW Updated 29 May 2007 , 3:53pm by cookiecreations

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 28 May 2007 , 2:07am
post #1 of 5

I am in the process of trying penny's butter cookie dough for the first time just to see if I like it better than NFSC. I have to say right now I don't icon_surprised.gif The dough is totally sticky and I had to put it in and out of the refrigerator a few times and it is just melting away on my silpats. Also I just looked in the oven and they are spreading like crazy. I didn't freeze the first batch of dough because it didnt' say to but I think I will now. Has this happened to anyone else? I was so looking forward to these being great icon_cry.gif

4 replies
mom2c-m Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2c-m Posted 28 May 2007 , 5:38am
post #2 of 5

You may want to add more flour. The dough shouldn't be sticky.

crolfes83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crolfes83 Posted 28 May 2007 , 11:23am
post #3 of 5

I had the exact same problem.
Instead of 2TBSP of flavor and cream I used 2tsp of flavor (1almond, 1vanilla), and 1TBSP cream. Came out much better.
It's more pliable than NFSC, but not as sticky as Penny's.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 29 May 2007 , 2:17pm
post #4 of 5

I think it depends on the weather too.. if it's humid it'll get sticky quick.. I usually roll it out between 2 sheets of waxed paper or 2 silpats anyway.. a little extra flour wouldn't hurt either. Good luck.. the flavor and texture of penny's recipe is phenominal. icon_biggrin.gif

cookiecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiecreations Posted 29 May 2007 , 3:53pm
post #5 of 5

I've never tried Penny's but everyone raves about it! I agree with mom2c-m, try adding a little more flour and refridgerate the dough for a few hours.

Crolfes83 that sounds awesome!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%