I Am Proud To Present:

Decorating By tabs Updated 10 Jun 2005 , 4:24am by debsuewoo

tabs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabs Posted 25 May 2005 , 5:43pm
post #1 of 5

My disaster cake.

Normally, I don't take this very well, but this was just something I made for my family so I didn't stress and they enjoy anything no matter how it looks! lol icon_biggrin.gif

I had little time before I had to work so I tried to make this as quickly as possible. I threw the batter in a 3 ince pan bc I intended to make a 4 layer cake. It usually works out really well but I tried cutting the layers while the cake was still warm. Needless to say, it was a total flop. My layers turned into chunks of cake that I still attempted to layer. I used pudding for the filling and that just make a bigger mooshy mess! lol So in order to cover up the oozing mess that was seeping out of the sides, I decided to use walnuts. It starts too look semi decent until I ran out. So one side was "bald". thumbsdown.gif haha Nobody complained (bc it did taste really good if I do say so myself icon_razz.gif I aslo think everyone was just happy that I didn't go into a rage like I normally do when things don't turn out right icon_smile.gif

4 replies
momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 26 May 2005 , 3:17am
post #2 of 5

It does look like it was yummy! Good for you for keeping your cool, that's not always as easy as it sounds. icon_razz.gif

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 26 May 2005 , 3:25am
post #3 of 5

Well your disaster does look yummy ... I'd love to have taste it icon_smile.gif

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 29 May 2005 , 3:27pm
post #4 of 5

It looks really moist and yummy though! I don't think I'd mind having a nice big slice of your "mistake"!!

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 10 Jun 2005 , 4:24am
post #5 of 5

A half bald cake..... got me rolling!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%