Make A Moussing Filling Using Jello Pud.?

Decorating By SueW Updated 27 May 2007 , 11:36pm by SueW

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 26 May 2007 , 10:43pm
post #1 of 8

I made one a while back using Jello pudding mix, heavy cream and something else? Now I can't remember what I used but it was good and I need it again for tomorrow icon_cry.gif Any ideas for and e-a-s-y mousse? Thanks so much.

7 replies
Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 26 May 2007 , 10:54pm
post #2 of 8

I use 1 3/4 cup milk, 1 3 oz box of Vanilla Jell-o pudding and 1 8 oz tub of cool whip. Then let it set up. It gets really thick like pastry cream.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 26 May 2007 , 11:04pm
post #3 of 8

Mousse is actually made with gelatin and in most recipes, stiffly beaten egg whites. I have a recipe for a Bavarian Cream filling made with instant Jello pudding mix and whipped Pastry Pride that is excellent, it can be flavored with any extract you like that compliments the flavor of the cake. Or you can add any liquere.
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2396-Bavarian-Cream-Filling.html

GIAcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIAcakes Posted 27 May 2007 , 1:16am
post #4 of 8

my recipe is box of choco pudding, a can of sweetened condensed milk, water, chill, then add 1 cup whipped cream. Yummy!!!

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 27 May 2007 , 1:20am
post #5 of 8

In a pinch I have used 1 box instant Jello chocolate pudding mix and 2 cups Heavy whipping cream with Hershey chocolate powder for taste. The customer actually loved it too...

trombonekaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trombonekaren Posted 27 May 2007 , 2:40am
post #6 of 8

I always use this - instant pudding mix and heavy cream - everyone loves it, including me!

cakesbycombs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycombs Posted 27 May 2007 , 3:35pm
post #7 of 8

i like to use pudding and dream whip!

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 27 May 2007 , 11:36pm
post #8 of 8

I took all your advice and mixed 1 box of white chocolate pudding mix, 16 oz. heavy cream and 1 packet of dream whip (finally found a use for it) and everyone loved it! Thanks to you all icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%