Arrrrgh!! I Feel Like Throwing Them Away!!!

Decorating By Liana Updated 26 May 2007 , 10:55pm by sweetcakes

Liana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liana Posted 26 May 2007 , 9:51pm
post #1 of 9

My wafer butterflies are still not dry. They've been drying for 5 days! The wings aren't staying up because they aren't dry. How the heck can I get these things to dry?! Party is tomorrow!

8 replies
brilandken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brilandken Posted 26 May 2007 , 10:10pm
post #2 of 9

Not sure what wafer butterflies are made of, but have you tried using a fan? Maybe a lite breeze will help.

nechee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nechee Posted 26 May 2007 , 10:14pm
post #3 of 9

What about putting them in the refridgerator for a little while. Sometimes that works for me

vrmcc1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vrmcc1 Posted 26 May 2007 , 10:21pm
post #4 of 9

I saw on another post to put gumpaste flowers in the oven with the light on (oven off). Maybe this would help.
Val

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 26 May 2007 , 10:27pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by nechee

What about putting them in the refridgerator for a little while. Sometimes that works for me

Wouldn't that add more moisture to them? Never made these before but I would imagine the humidity affecting them. icon_rolleyes.gif

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 26 May 2007 , 10:32pm
post #6 of 9

I don't suppose you have a dehydrator? I say a post about using those to dry fondant/gumpaste decorations and found one at a garage sale for $4 - works like a charm...had to 'rig' it to accomodate really large bows but it can be done icon_smile.gif

TandTHarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TandTHarrell Posted 26 May 2007 , 10:32pm
post #7 of 9

I never have trouble. did u use alot of piping gel.?.I only use a little bit, just to give it some shine

Liana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liana Posted 26 May 2007 , 10:38pm
post #8 of 9

They are made of rice paper, so I think the frig would make it worse. They have been air drying. I guess I put way too much piping gel on. If I put them in a tupperware with some silica gel packets, will that dry them out a bit? Maybe the oven light will work...

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 26 May 2007 , 10:55pm
post #9 of 9

this late in the day i think i would roll out some gumpaste and make the wings on that, roll it as thin as you can, it wont take long to dry, color the wings, orm even stick your wafer paper ones on top, then position into a royal iced body.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%