Kitchenaid Mixer Attachments

Decorating By linnburg Updated 30 Nov 2004 , 3:41am by Cakeman66

linnburg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linnburg Posted 18 Nov 2004 , 9:32pm
post #1 of 5

I have a Kitchenaid 6qt. mixer that I just love, but wonder if the attachments are worth the money. Specifically, I'm curious about the can opener as I have dexterity problems. Does anyone have the can opener? Is it easy to use with very large, very small, or odd size cans? How about the shredder/slicer? Can it grind nuts? Is it easy to operate and clean? Are any of the other extras worth considering?

Thanks,
Sandi

4 replies
Tuffy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tuffy Posted 21 Nov 2004 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 5

I recently bought the pasta attachments for the KitchenAid mixer, they are fabulous! We have fresh homemade pasta at least once a week. Very easy to use.

Cakeman66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeman66 Posted 29 Nov 2004 , 4:45pm
post #3 of 5

If you have a Sur La Table store near you, go there and ask them to demo the Kitchen Aid can opener, the one near me is very nice about it. Then again I spend lots of money there too.

I have the meat grinder and sausage stuffer attachments, but nothing more, since I really only use it more for baking. I have a pasta maker already, can opener already, and cheese/veggie grater. I feel I don't need the rest of the attachments, but only you will know for sure if you need it or not, when you try it out.

linnburg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linnburg Posted 29 Nov 2004 , 6:19pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks! I don't have a Sur La Table near me, but I have relatives that would be willing to go demo it for me. I hadn't thought of asking retailers and I figured if I asked about it on the Kitchenaid web site I might not get an unbiased opinion. Great idea!

Sandi

Cakeman66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeman66 Posted 30 Nov 2004 , 3:41am
post #5 of 5

no problem.

I have a great contact at my local SLT, who knows if he helps me with good advice, I'll spend the money. It's amazing the power of money.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%