Cell Phone Cake

Decorating By traci Updated 28 May 2005 , 11:27pm by traci

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 24 May 2005 , 7:56pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have any advice about doing a cell phone cake? I am doing one this weekend. The lady got the idea from a Party Express magazine. The cell phone cake is shown with the Lizzie Mcquire theme. She gave me a picture of it...but if you ask me...it did not even look like a real cake! Please help! Thanks! icon_razz.gif

4 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 24 May 2005 , 8:39pm
post #2 of 5

Here are a couple pics I thought might help

http://www.elegantcheesecakes.com/images/protura-cellphone.jpg

http://www.securecakestore.com/acatalog/MobilePhone.JPG

Looks like these are carved from sheet cakes and covered in fondant with fondant accents. You could write on the fondant with edible ink pens/markers.

traci Posted 24 May 2005 , 9:02pm
post #3 of 5

Thank-you so much Lisa! Those are great pictures...I think that will help a lot. I will post my picture so you can see how it turns out! Thanks again!
thumbs_up.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 24 May 2005 , 9:12pm
post #4 of 5

You're welcome...can't wait to see it!

traci Posted 28 May 2005 , 11:27pm
post #5 of 5

I finally finished the cell phone cake! Unfortunately, it did not turn out like I hoped. The pictures that lisa sent were great...and gave me great ideas. So...I tried baking a loaf cake and covering it with fondant. I finished it and then decided I did not like it. And the more I looked at it, the more I did not like it! So...I could not stand it...I ended up making another one! The second time I used buttercream instead of fondant. I liked it better than the first, but I still don't really like it! Anyway...I am not planning on doing another one so I hope they like it! I guess that is what happens when people ask for such wierd stuff...and somehow they always seem to find me! I will post pics soon! Thanks for listening! icon_razz.gif
traci

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%