Ok - Now That Is Out Of The Way!

Decorating By MillyCakes Updated 1 Jun 2007 , 4:16pm by projectqueen

MillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MillyCakes Posted 26 May 2007 , 12:18am
post #1 of 14

I knew it! I just knew one day I was going to drop a cake - well.....
And guess what - no butter, no ps, and no cake flower at 11:00 at night.
Cardboard bent and cake just slid off and turned upside down!

I cried for about 2 hours! The woman (good friend) that I made it for was doubled over in laughter because she had just taught force and motion to her kids at school. If it had been anyone else my son would have been at the grocery store in his pj and asleep in the cart!!

Now - I feel better - I survived and am off to bake again!! Just needed to share!

[/img]
LL

13 replies
gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 26 May 2007 , 1:56am
post #2 of 14

I'm so sorry this happened to you! Glad you recovered quickly!!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:24pm
post #3 of 14

I'm waiting for the day this happens to me too. At least she was understanding.

MillyCakes Posted 26 May 2007 , 4:54pm
post #4 of 14

She was awesome! Oh well! Maybe I used some bad eggs and this was God's way of keeping me from making everyone sick! Blessings are all around!

archanac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
archanac Posted 26 May 2007 , 5:10pm
post #5 of 14

Ok, excuse me for being an oddball, but that cake looks yummy (minus the floor crumbs)...what kind of cake was it?

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 26 May 2007 , 5:11pm
post #6 of 14

Well that just stinks! But hey, at least it was a friend. It will eventually happen to me one day too... my fear is a 3D cake tipping over.... and I have to prepare because I know it is going to happen icon_smile.gif

MillyCakes Posted 26 May 2007 , 7:24pm
post #7 of 14

It was a white cake with mint chocolate buttercream. The only thing I had left to do was add a border and put the graduation plaque and cap on the top and write congrats. Oh well.

The bottom layer of the cake didn't touch the floor!!! For about 1 minute I thought - CAKE BALLS! But then I started crying again! Oh well!!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

vitomiriam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitomiriam Posted 26 May 2007 , 11:23pm
post #8 of 14

Great attitude! I cracked up about the cake balls. I think I would have had the same thought! Great minds think alike.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 27 May 2007 , 12:02am
post #9 of 14

There is a picture that would strike fear into the heart of any cake decorator. icon_eek.gif I am so sorry that happened to you. Good thing you and your friend have a sense of humor.

Tarabell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tarabell Posted 27 May 2007 , 4:48am
post #10 of 14

This just happened to me last month. Big hugs and glad your friend was so kind about it.

Tara

Tramski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tramski Posted 31 May 2007 , 2:13am
post #11 of 14

Thats just heartbreaking. I had a cake do that on me and luckily my nephew (it was for him) was sitting there laughing about how yoda took a dive. We only lost an ear and he wanted to take it just to show everybody (there was another cake at the party, yoda was a spur of the moment idea) so we pasted him back together and took him to show everybody. My nephew laughed the whole day about it, he's only 5 its easy to entertain him, and here I was sitting there bummed that my cake biffed it.

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 31 May 2007 , 2:20am
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillyCakes

The bottom layer of the cake didn't touch the floor!!! For about 1 minute I thought - CAKE BALLS!
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Great idea!

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 31 May 2007 , 2:22am
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramski

My nephew laughed the whole day about it, he's only 5

Sometimes adults should think like a 5 year old icon_lol.gif

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 4:16pm
post #14 of 14

Oh NO!

I'm just imagining the visual of you seeing the cake flop onto the floor, bursting into tears and then running for your digital camera so you could photograph it and post it to cake disasters for all your cc friends to see!

Now that you think about it, doesn't it seem an odd thing to do? I would have done the same, we are all a bunch of cake addicts, LOL> Did you think "digital camera" before or after you thought "cake balls"? LOL

I'm glad your friend/customer took it so well.

Thanks for sharing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%