What Have You Cooked Today?

Lounge By Confectionary2 Updated 28 May 2007 , 11:34am by berryblondeboys

Confectionary2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confectionary2 Posted 25 May 2007 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 8

I have made homemade biscuits, sausage balls, boiled a chicken (made chicken & rice with part of it), made a three layer mounds cake with homemade filling & frosting and a one layer mounds cake to give to a single friend. My DH asked me was an army coming over to eat today! LOL

Sometimes I think it is interesting to know what (other than cake) we all share interests in. NOT that cake is a bad thing! icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
Strazle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Strazle Posted 26 May 2007 , 12:53am
post #2 of 8

I "cooked" four BLT sandwiches. Eleven years ago, when marriage was new, I cooked a full meal with meat, 2 veggies. and homemade biscuits. My MIL told me not to start that if I didn't want to keep doing this every night. She said, "eventually, you will start looking for shortcuts and the easy way." Here I am eleven years later loving sandwich night and haven't made a biscuit in several years! I hate to say it...she was right!

CreativeCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakery Posted 26 May 2007 , 12:58am
post #3 of 8

I love to cook elaborate meals when I have time, but lately time seems to have gotten scarcer! icon_smile.gif

Today I cooked waffles and sausage for breakfast; made a heart-shaped turkey sandwich for my daughter for lunch (gave her carrot eyes, nose and smile, and hair. Used carrots for arms and legs and raisins for shoes). Dinner was homemade turkey nuggets, corn, and garlic mashed potatoes.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 26 May 2007 , 4:13pm
post #4 of 8

Made a huge batch of scratch buttermilk pancakes this morning. Getting ready to do a huge amount of baking for my DH and his friends who are currently in our basement on the 1st day of a 3-day LAN party (they all bring their computers over and network them together and play computer games for like 16-20 hours straight before passing out and then getting up the next day and doing it again). Whenever they do one of these, I'm the designated snack-maker. icon_biggrin.gif

I know I'm making brownies and a lemon-lime refrigerator cake and probably some Rice Krispie Treats.

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 27 May 2007 , 1:44am
post #5 of 8

Well I have been somewhat lazy today. Gave cereal and honey buns for breakfast, chicken noodle soup for lunch, baked 10" cake to decorate in a bit (light weekend...thank goodness!!!) but I did fix some grilled lamb chops and cous cous for supper. MMMM! But after reading this, I'm wanting pancakes for breakfast tomorrow!!!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 27 May 2007 , 1:56am
post #6 of 8

Ha! I made pancakes tonight for dinner, with strawberries-blueberries and some topped with bananas.

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 27 May 2007 , 2:06am
post #7 of 8

i don't think this counts as cooking, but i made 'dog food' for a memorial picnic tomorrow. don't worry, it's chex cereal, chocolate, peanut butter and powdered sugar. icon_biggrin.gif

since we'll be at a picnic tomorrow, i won't have to cook tomorrow either!

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 28 May 2007 , 11:34am
post #8 of 8

Yesterday... hmm... for breakfast we all just had toast with peanut butter and jam and some cottage cheese on the side.

Lunch was scrambled eggs with toast and sliced red and green peppers.

Dinner was using the rest of the chicken meat from our roast chicken from the night before cooked with carrots, turnip, onion, tomato, celery and onion and then mixed with Spaetzle (farmer egg noodles).

I made Strawberry Rhubarb cobbler with homemade ice cream on top for dessert.

Melissa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%