Fondant Tissue Paper?????

Decorating By freddyfl Updated 2 Jul 2006 , 9:01pm by chefdot

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 9:55pm
post #1 of 8

i am sure it is really easy, but how do you make fondant tissue paper for a package cake?

7 replies
chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 8

i am bumping you cuz i am doing one of these cakes next week and would like any pointers myself. it has to be easy enough, but you just never know.

shrek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shrek Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 8

I really want to know too.

Euphoriabakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Euphoriabakery Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 10:11pm
post #4 of 8

I would guess that you just roll it really thin, as thin as possible without breaking and then cut it square.

It might come out nicer if you use gumpaste as you could get it much thinner.

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 10:25pm
post #5 of 8

Hi There!

I just recently made a cake with tissue paper for the cake show I entered in April! (I won a blue ribbon! icon_smile.gif....

Anyways, when I made the tissue, I used gumpaste. I bought the ready to mix Wilton kind at Michaels/Joann with coupon for under $5, and it was definitely worth it rather than fussing with the ratio of gum trag to fondant. You definitely want something that will dry hard.

I shaped my tissue pieces of an inverted cake pan, like the one i used for the cake and built it up, placing cotton balls or actual tissue paper to shape it. Then, when it was dry, I just transferred the tissue over onto the cake with no problems. I never had any breakage, though you may want to make some extra pieces just in case icon_smile.gif

My cake is in my photos, if you want to take a look. I know many others on CC could post more info on it. It you want ideas, look to Godiva's cakes posted here. That were I got my inspiration icon_smile.gif

HTH!
Mirjana

chefdot Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 11:53pm
post #6 of 8

I don't even know how to use gum paste... I guess I better learn up on that this weekend! icon_biggrin.gif

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 1 Jul 2006 , 2:24am
post #7 of 8

Hi there....I use mmf for tissue paper.....as you said, just roll it out very thinly....wait a minute or so...you don't want it to harden but 1 minute will stop it from being completely flimsy. I cut it into rectangles and then luster dust them and then lay it down in wavy patterns, let the next one overlap a bit. Make one slightly askew. You can see my "gift" cakes in my photos. They are very easy...don't worry...

chefdot Posted 2 Jul 2006 , 9:01pm
post #8 of 8

so once you lay them out and get the waviness you want for each one... are the easy to put onto the cake once they are hard?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%