More On The Cake....ideas!!!

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 1 Jul 2006 , 12:51pm by karensjustdessert

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 9:56pm
post #1 of 7

I just got a call from a customer for a 9 x 13 slab of my"Now you are sinking" cake.She hummed and hawed about what more I could put on the cake other than what is..We both decided that we are going to do the whole base color in green instead of white.She wants it pretty much like the picture I posted but I could hear in her voice she wanted a little more and diiferent.I have no idea what more I can add so I am turning to all of you for creative ideas!!!

Laurel icon_biggrin.gif
LL

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 10:16pm
post #2 of 7

bumpity bumpicon_smile.gif

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 1:16am
post #3 of 7

I think it looks fine but the only thing I could think to add is a tree and the person holding a branch in its hand. Maybe even have the tree tilted a little.

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 8:20pm
post #4 of 7

Following along sweetbakers' suggestion of a tree...how about making the person in the hole holding on to a rope that's wrapped around the base of the leaning tree...kind of like he/she's trying to pull himself out of the hole? I don't know anything else that can be added. Looks great to me!

Amy

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 8:23pm
post #5 of 7

flames from Hades rising from the hole?

some kind of monster in the hole ready to devour the hapless guy?

long finger "claw" marks like fighting being dragged into the hole?

oh about that rope...of course it has frayed down to one itty bitty strand and some mean little animal can be knawing at that.

Vulture perched ready for din-din?

petitesweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitesweet Posted 1 Jul 2006 , 12:45pm
post #6 of 7

Doug you have to be a genius! I absolutely love your ideas!!! ha ha ha! After that post though I can't possibly come up with anything.

karensjustdessert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 1 Jul 2006 , 12:51pm
post #7 of 7

No ideas, but that is hysterical! Will keep your ideas in mind when I'm called upon to do an "over the hill" cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%