Chocolate Transfers

Decorating By amecakes Updated 24 May 2007 , 4:21pm by Schmoop

amecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amecakes Posted 24 May 2007 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 3

hi all...have a question regarding chocolate transfers...

I'd like to do backyardigans pictures...but the pictures are small, and they are outlined in different colours, not black...I know I could just outline in black but I don't think it would look as nice. What I'm wondering, is if I did outline them in different colours if they would break because the outline wouldn't be as strong due to the time lag in changing colours, etc....I must add that I've never done them before...only colourflow.

thanks for any help or advice you could give! I appreciate every bit of it!
Ame

2 replies
mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 24 May 2007 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 3

Hi,

I don't think that it would matter if you did the outline in the same color, or different color. The chocolate/candy melts harden pretty quickly, and you'll need to make an outline first no matter which color you use. Then fill in (flood) with whatever color you like.

I think what matters is the thickness of it. If you do this just once, then it will be thin & brittle. If you "flood" two or three times, it'll have less of a chance of breaking.

I'm no chocolate transfer expert, but I have done a few & I love them! They are so fun! Good luck! I love the Backyardigans, lol icon_smile.gif

Schmoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmoop Posted 24 May 2007 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 3

You don't even need to use an outline color if you don't want. For example...If the head is white, just do the details fisr (eyes, nose, etc...) then outline in white then fill-in in white as well. Hope that made sense!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%