How Do I Fill A Cupcake?

Decorating By S1eepygrl Updated 29 Jun 2006 , 5:12am by S1eepygrl

S1eepygrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
S1eepygrl Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 4:24am
post #1 of 7

Hi ya'll,

Well daughter finally made the decision to have cupcakes for her 5th (my where has 5 years gone) Birthday. She found the funfetti cake mix in the store and just has to have it in cupcakes. Yes she is a spoiled brat!
Now I have 4 days to find out how to fill cupcakes with something pink, purple and My little pony. As well as how to decorate them. My idea was a topsy turvy cake, but no she is trying to make it easier for mom. Our oven is broken.

Anywho, How do I fill a cupcake and what do I fill them with? Can whipping cream be colored?

Any help is appreciated.

6 replies
sweetoccasions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetoccasions Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 4:51am
post #2 of 7

Bump.

I'd like to know how to fill cupcakes, too. I've always assumed you cut the top off, make a hole, fill it, add top, then decorate. Could you just fill a bag with filling, stick a round tip on bag, jab into cupcake, fill it, and hope for the best?

nathanikka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nathanikka Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 5:02am
post #3 of 7

I would think that you would be able to fill a bag with whatever filling you wanted and then push it into the cupcake, but, I am not sure if it would work. I would love to do something like this as well. I hope that someone out there has done this and can share their experience!

magentaa23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
magentaa23 Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 5:05am
post #4 of 7

just use a pastry bag with a medium size star tip and push it bout half way into the cupcake and squeeze it in then decorate, i do it all the time with a twinkie like icing , its yummy

Filmfreak22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Filmfreak22 Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 5:08am
post #5 of 7

i saw this done on a sandra lee episode on the food channel...it seemed really easy. she got a knife, and stuck it straight in the cupcake, and kind of made an X with the knife, a little less than halfway down the cupcake. then she got a pastry bag w/the star tip and her filling, and just squeezed the filling into where she made the X on the cupcake. that might work...?

Schmoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmoop Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 5:08am
post #6 of 7

I have done this a few times now...I have used a regular round tip, like a 12 and poked it in and squeezed! I also bought the bismark tip (really long tip) and used it to fill. Either one worked for me. Just make sure you squeeze slowly as not to overfill your cupcake. As and aside...I have seen cupcakes filled where you insert the tip in 3 different spots on the cupcake in a triangular pattern to more evenly fill.

S1eepygrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
S1eepygrl Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 5:12am
post #7 of 7

Thanks Ya'll!

I forgot about the Bismark tip--I have it!

Now to find pony decorations icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%