Is There A Sign On My Back???

Decorating By Katie-Bug Updated 25 May 2007 , 3:53am by JanH

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 24 May 2007 , 3:45am
post #1 of 8

Okay, is there a "please be diffcult with me sign on me?" Okay, if you saw my cake I posted this weekend, you saw where I actually had a friend of the bride try to work and change my cake, while I was taking pictures of it! Anywho....
Okay, I last week I meet with these two sisters and they pick out several cakes for me to email to their cousins in FL. After taking all this time, they don't even look at the email and I have to meet with them, the sisters and their cousins, this week. They arrives 45minutes late, and it's five women and a child. They are talking and fussing, eeerr! Anyway, they preced to tell me how this lady, what's her name, KNOW'S about cakes, she worked at Publix for a few months! Okay, what's that supposed to mean?? icon_confused.gif
She keeps saying things like she could do this and this, and then looking at me and saying, "Right?" She keeps filding with my stuff and all around driving me crazy! Well, they finally pick a cake and she says to me, " Can you do this cake by Saturday?" icon_eek.gif Now this was on Monday. I reply back, " Honey I am doing this cake plus three others and if I get the chance I'll do more!!!" tapedshut.gif
Right before I get her out the door they mention that they would like something that says happy b-day, but they don't want it wrote on the cake, it's a present cake. I suggest a name tag or writing on the board, and that she could make a card to match the decorations and place it next to the cake. They don't like any of those ideas, and she asks well don't you have any of those glass peices you write on and put into the cake? I tell her I don't know what she's talking about, why is putting glass in a cake? icon_confused.gif She laughs and tells me how she will have to come out and show me how to work on cakes!!! icon_mad.gif
Okay, I know this is long, but lord this made me so mad!!! Thanks for listening!!

7 replies
MissLady85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissLady85 Posted 24 May 2007 , 4:52am
post #2 of 8

i think i would have told her that if she needed to show me how to decorate that she could have done this herself and NOT been wasting my time! I dont mind when more than one person is involved when deciding on the cake but i dont like it when they fuss like school children! Sorry you had to deal with that! hope it gets better icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 24 May 2007 , 5:42am
post #3 of 8

Exactly what Whitney (MissLady85) said.

And again, why even bother you when they have a resident cake decorator in the family. icon_eek.gificon_rolleyes.gifthumbsdown.gif

Housemouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Housemouse Posted 24 May 2007 , 7:58am
post #4 of 8

To me it sounds like a fishing expedition on their part and all that flam about 'worked at Publix' was to let you know, none too subtly that you wouldn't be pulling the wool over their eyes or 'robbing them blind' if you were lucky enough to get the order...

As everyone knows, all independent cake bakers and decorators are genetically programmed to take advantage of unsuspecting 'lambs' - you're all 'wolves in fondue clothing'.

Housemouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Housemouse Posted 24 May 2007 , 8:15am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Quote:

They don't like any of those ideas, and she asks well don't you have any of those glass peices you write on and put into the cake? I tell her I don't know what she's talking about, why is putting glass in a cake? She laughs and tells me how she will have to come out and show me how to work on cakes!!!

Culinarycreations, this is such a great post I had to re-read it! They sound like something out of a scary movie and 'glass in cake' sounds ideal for a gruesome Halloween lucky dip.. find the piece with your name on and die chomping. I know there are cake decorators pushing the boundaries but the mind boggles.

Sunny77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunny77 Posted 24 May 2007 , 8:17am
post #6 of 8

So I'm confused, did you accept to do a cake for these people or what? I agree it sounds like a fishing expedition too. I'm curious to know what happens. You make pretty cakes by the way.

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 24 May 2007 , 2:46pm
post #7 of 8

This is the funny part, I guess... icon_confused.gif ..if there is one, I had done agreed to do the cake before meeting with them, when we were emailing each other. I had the job...I was stuck with them icon_mad.gif !

My mother came throgh while they were there and was trying to calm the little boy down that was screaming bloodly murder! Somehow something was said about my my mother being a hairdresser and one of the said oh, I do hair. She asked my mom if she owned her own shop and she told her, " yes, I do own my shop, We have just been open a year and half and we just found out we've been approved as a Paul Mitchell Signature Salaon, we're really excited!" She rolls her eyes at my mother and tells her she doesn't use Paul Mitchell.

Okay...things are still okay...then the *#&! hits the fan! This lady tells my mother, " Yay, some people tell me I should open up a shop here in Tenn, but I've seen what you people charge! I couldn't make a living here!" My mother icon_mad.gif looking like this at this point sits the child down and walks off. My mother told me after they left, she almost told her to leave her home, that she had made a living and paid for, and never come back tapedshut.gif !! But ,being a wonderful mother, she didn't.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 25 May 2007 , 3:53am
post #8 of 8

Oh, you poor child. icon_eek.gif

We'll all be praying for you. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%