Cake Decorator On Martha Stewart

Decorating By Bethroze Updated 4 Jul 2006 , 5:25am by Kazoot

Bethroze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bethroze Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 1:44pm
post #1 of 17

Many years ago, could be close to 15 or 20 years...Martha Stewart had a woman on her show decorating floral cakes with either buttercream or royal. This sparked my interest in cake decorating. I have never seen anything like her cakes since. They were true to life looking flowers, real looking colors, and piped right on the cake.

Does anyone know who this was? I would love a book or video of this woman...

Thanks

16 replies
AshleyLogan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AshleyLogan Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 1:55pm
post #2 of 17

before my time, but here is a bump,

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 2:10pm
post #3 of 17

just write to martha stewart and ask. I'm sure
an assistant will get back to you.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 2:13pm
post #4 of 17

When you find out..I'd like to know also!!

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 2:17pm
post #5 of 17

I think I know! icon_smile.gif

It was Ann Warren from The Cupcake Cafe in New York. She did an unbelievable sunflower cake right on the show....and so fast!! It was only about 8 or 9 years ago though, but it also made me look into cake decorating! In fact, I bought Martha's video and the food colourings that Ann Warren recommended in that segment (ChefMaster colours) because they were so vivid and beautiful.

Martha actually used that segment on a video she created on Cake Decorating about 8 years ago. It's no longer available and I gave my copy away to a CC member last year who was searching for it.
LL

Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 2:29pm
post #6 of 17

I had a feeling it was one of the ladies from the Cupcake cafe as their work is so beautiful and original!

Helen..do you know the name of the cake video Martha made.I might be able to look on ebay!!

antonia74 Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 2:37pm
post #7 of 17

Something like "Martha Stewart Cake Decorating".

The cover had a photo of a small white round cake with a sage green line of piping and a single white daisy piped flat on top of it.

jeans541 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeans541 Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 2:38pm
post #8 of 17

I found a book by Ann Warren on amazon.com, but it got some pretty poor reviews....recipes bland and the decorating lacking step-by-step instructions and clear pictures. Most reviewers suggested you check it out of the library before deciding to buy. It is called "The Cupcake Cafe Cookbook".

antonia74 Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 2:48pm
post #9 of 17

Yes, it was published in 1998. We used a few recipes from it at the restaurant I worked at, but not much.

Here it is.....
LL

Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 2:51pm
post #10 of 17

Jeans..I have heard that about the book too which is quite disappointing.I really would like to see the step by step detail of her creating flowers.The book also sells for a fortune too and I can't fathom spending $67.00 on it.

writer_mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
writer_mom Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 2:55pm
post #11 of 17

I did find a listing for this on eBay... for $96.50! (Buy Now option). Here's the link if you are willing to pay that much for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARTHA-STEWART-CAKE-DECORATING-Recipes-Icing-VHS_W0QQitemZ9124442455QQihZ011QQcategoryZ309QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 2:57pm
post #12 of 17

Writer-mom,

Yeah I saw that one but I'm not that desperate for a copy to pay $96.00!!

jeans541 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeans541 Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 5:08pm
post #13 of 17

Yikes! I would never pay that for cake decorating book!! The listing on Amazon said they didn't have any available, but could order for $25 plus a $1.99 ordering out of stock fee (allow 4-6 weeks for shipping). There were some "new or used" copies available for "$25 and up" from their other sellers. Of course now I can't get amazon to work, but if you are interested in the book, check there first before spending a ton more than $60!

Bethroze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bethroze Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 5:39pm
post #14 of 17

Wow! icon_surprised.gif Great work everyone...I have been looking for years and you find her in less than a day.

The sunflower cake looks like what I remember, and the speed was amazing. I'll look for the tape also.

Thanks Again!

antonia74 Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 5:54pm
post #15 of 17

HOLY!!!!! It's just a simple video and a booklet of 15 pages. Not a great book by any means. I can't believe people are paying that much!

mamarabil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamarabil Posted 4 Jul 2006 , 5:14am
post #16 of 17

What a gorgeous cake! Can anyone guess which tips they used for the sunflowers. I have to make a cake this weekend and would love to practice with something like this!!

Thanks!

Monique

Kazoot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kazoot Posted 4 Jul 2006 , 5:25am
post #17 of 17

mamarabil.....it looks to me like a #352 leaf tip (wilton). It is how I make sunflowers too. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%