Atlanta Store

Decorating By Staceface81 Updated 9 Jun 2007 , 2:03am by Ironbaker

Staceface81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Staceface81 Posted 23 May 2007 , 9:52pm
post #1 of 20

Hello! I am going to be traveling to Atlanta, Georgia in the next few weeks and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good cake supply stores in that area? I live in rural Tennessee, so I am eager to get some supplies! Please give me the scoop on Atlanta! icon_smile.gif

19 replies
e2_erin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
e2_erin Posted 23 May 2007 , 11:38pm
post #2 of 20

I know of one that Ive been to that is kind of nice. Its called Cake Art. its in Tucker, GA (metro Atlanta). They have lots of pans and decorating supplies. They also sell already made fondant and buttercream. They have party and candy making supplies as well.

Here is their website, it has their address and phone # on it.

http://www.cakeartpartystore.com/store/default.asp?idAffiliate=

Erin

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 23 May 2007 , 11:57pm
post #3 of 20

Oh, oh, oh! Do not miss Nicholas Lodge's store in Norcross - International Sugar Arts Collection. Closed Sunday and Monday, I believe - check the website for hours. Fabulous!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 24 May 2007 , 12:08am
post #4 of 20

Lucky you, going to Atlanta. I would love to go to Nick Lodge's store.

Staceface81 Posted 24 May 2007 , 12:17am
post #5 of 20

Does the Cake Art Party Store sell high-ratio shortening?????

e2_erin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
e2_erin Posted 24 May 2007 , 12:57am
post #6 of 20

Im not sure if they sell that. I was just browsing when I went. Im a newbie so I havent a clue about different types of shortening. sorry

Erin

camcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
camcat Posted 24 May 2007 , 1:23am
post #7 of 20

Another good one is Party Art in Cumming (30 minutes north of downtown on GA 400). I couldn't believe how much they had packed in that store! I'm pretty sure they had high ratio shortening, but I didn't price it. They are closed Sunday and Monday as well.

MissLady85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissLady85 Posted 24 May 2007 , 1:57am
post #8 of 20

oh how i wish i was still in Atlanta!!! icon_cry.gif

jenndga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenndga Posted 24 May 2007 , 3:28am
post #9 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by camcat

Another good one is Party Art in Cumming (30 minutes north of downtown on GA 400). I couldn't believe how much they had packed in that store! I'm pretty sure they had high ratio shortening, but I didn't price it. They are closed Sunday and Monday as well.

No way, seriously????? I drive by that store every week... why in the heck have I never been in there??? Here I am driving all over the earth and back and there it was right in my backyard....

I know where I am going this weekend! icon_lol.gif

Staceface81 Posted 26 May 2007 , 11:56pm
post #10 of 20

I cannot find a website for Party Art.....does it have one? I need an exact address to put into the Garmin GPS. icon_smile.gif

camcat Posted 27 May 2007 , 12:35am
post #11 of 20

Party Art, Inc.
101 Meadow Drive, Suite E
Cumming, GA 30040
770-887-4944

Directions from their brochure:

From GA 400, get off at Exit 14 and take a right (same as if coming North or South) then turn right going North on Hwy 9. We are approximately one mile on the left in the Meadow Walk Shopping Center across from the rear entrance of Movies 400.

**HOWEVER....there is MAJOR road construction going on, so I'm not sure the exit information is quite right, but it is still Exit 14. The movie theater is up on a hill. Continue past it and you will see Party Art in a small L-shaped strip mall. Turn on the road just BEFORE you get to the sign or you will have to turn around. The entrance to the strip mall is from Meadow Drive, not Hwy 9. This is all from memory and recent experience (yep, I went too far and had to turn around). I guess this is information overkill since you have GPS. icon_razz.gif

Store hours--Tuesday-Saturday 9-6; Closed Sunday & Monday

PM me if you want their email address. thumbs_up.gif

sjbeatty8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjbeatty8 Posted 27 May 2007 , 2:58pm
post #12 of 20

Im so glad someone posted this... I am going to ATL in sept for my BF's wedding and have to make the grooms cake while im there.. I was hoping there would be good stores in case I forget anything!!!

Thanks

jenndga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenndga Posted 27 May 2007 , 6:35pm
post #13 of 20

I just went to Party Art in Cumming for the first time yesterday... OMG I just love that store!!!! They have everything, well, except for the hi ratio shortening I went there for (they were out of stock). I bought petal dust and they have LorAnns Oils in every flavor. Tons of chocolate molds, magic line pans, ready made fondant, gumpaste mix, buttercream icing... the only thing I didn't see was gumpaste flower cutters, but they do sell pre-made gumpaste flowers. Great store! thumbs_up.gif

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 27 May 2007 , 6:46pm
post #14 of 20

Staceface81 - do you have a business license? If so - there is a wholesale restaurant supply store near Nic Lodge's store that has great prices on hi-ratio shortening (as well as tons of other stuff), but you must fill out a form and present your actual license to get a membership card.

Staceface81 Posted 28 May 2007 , 12:15am
post #15 of 20

No, I don't have a business license. That store sounds like FUN though! icon_smile.gif
Also........what are LorAnn's oils?

jhomik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jhomik Posted 28 May 2007 , 2:35am
post #16 of 20

Just FYI, Cumming is WAY more than 30 minutes north of downtown. Try almost twice that.

Don't want any visitors to get speeding tickets! icon_biggrin.gif

J.

camcat Posted 28 May 2007 , 3:07am
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhomik

Just FYI, Cumming is WAY more than 30 minutes north of downtown. Try almost twice that.

Don't want any visitors to get speeding tickets! icon_biggrin.gif

J.

I must have been thinking about LEAVING Cumming headed south on 400 early on Sunday morning! I remember one trip when I was pregnant and driving a manual and my 2 year-old watched 7 Baby Einstein DVDs from downtown to Cumming--that's 3.5 hours!! icon_eek.gificon_cry.gif

By the time we get to Atlanta, the kids are bonkers and screaming/whining, "I want to see Nana NOW!" They don't have a good concept of time, so I explain it in terms of one Dora show or as long as the Cars movie. So yeah, it's probably closer to two Dora shows! icon_wink.gif

jhomik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jhomik Posted 28 May 2007 , 3:23am
post #18 of 20

That's awful! Nothing worse than a standard transmission and unhappy kids in traffic.

Depending on the time of day/day of week, this could be 45 minutes to 4 hours from the airport.

I live downtown, and work about halfway to Cumming, and it takes me 25-75 minutes, depending on what is going on in town, if it is Friday, if school is in session or if the wind changes direction! icon_confused.gif

Next time I find myself out that way, I will swing by. At over $3/gallon, I am not going to make a special trip! icon_mad.gif

Staceface81 Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 12:12am
post #19 of 20

Thanks for everyone's help finding those stores! They were GREAT!
Cake Art was so easy to find and it had a wonderful selection! I wish I could have bought everything! icon_smile.gif
Party Art was one of the most awesome cake stores I have ever been in! They had everything.....except high ratio shortening. They even had pre-made flowers! It smelled SO GOOD because it was also a bakery of sorts....wow.
Party Art was a little farther away from Atlanta, but it was totally worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 2:03am
post #20 of 20

Wow, I've never heard of Party Art. If I'm ever out that way (hardly ever), I'll have to check it out. Sounds nice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%