Cookies And Cream Filling

Decorating By kamandjaw Updated 23 May 2007 , 9:29pm by jescapades

kamandjaw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kamandjaw Posted 23 May 2007 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 6

I am making my nephew's graduation cake this week and he wants cookies and cream filling. Does it need to be refridgerated?? The cake will be made Friday night. Will it be ok if it sets out from Friday night until Saturday about 2:00pm??

5 replies
beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 23 May 2007 , 8:13pm
post #2 of 6

which recipe are you using? If it calls for real whipped cream, yes it will need refrigeration. If you're mixing cookies into BC, you'll be ok.

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 23 May 2007 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 6

would he be interested in a chocolate cookies and cream? i made an awesome for a cake last saturday and it was awesome! i mean, AWESOME!!

i combined the chocolate syrup frosting recipe on here (http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2033-Chocolate-Syrup-Frosting.html) with10 fine-crushed oreos and 10 chopped oreos. it was so good, i wanted to eat it with a spoon!

good luck!

mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 23 May 2007 , 8:34pm
post #4 of 6

If you're using real whipping cream, I wouldn't leave it out that long - a few hours at most.

I make the Cookie & Cream filling by using Pastry Pride (non-dairy whipped icing) and it turns out great!

jescapades...that filling sounds sooo good! I'm making a cake this weekend for my brother's birthday - I may have to try this chocolate version out!

Liana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liana Posted 23 May 2007 , 9:06pm
post #5 of 6

jescapades, I assume the chocolate cookies and cream filling has to be refrigerated because it's made with butter and milk?

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 23 May 2007 , 9:29pm
post #6 of 6

i refrigerated the cake until i brought it over, then it sat out on the table until we cut it, a few hours.

i refrigerate everything.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%