Star Wars

Decorating By cupcakequeen Updated 29 May 2005 , 8:10am by veejaytx

cupcakequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakequeen Posted 23 May 2005 , 5:18am
post #1 of 14

Yes....someone was bound to ask....I'm in need of ideas for a StarWars Cake for a 14 year old. I have mini action figures for the cake, but cannot think of any "backdrops" for the cake. Any suggestions would be appreciated icon_smile.gif

13 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 23 May 2005 , 5:27am
post #2 of 14

depending on which episode the figures are from, you could do a heart pounding scene with the figures. i.e. episode 1 would be the battle between Qui Gon Jinn and Darth Maul fight and Qui Gon falls into the endless pit, or when Obi-wan fights Darth Maul after he sees Qui Gon fall over... Episode 2 scene would be when the Battle Arena Scene with Anakin, Padme, and Obi-wan and when Mace Windu kills Jango Fett... things like that. With episode 3 you would have to see the movie to see what works....probably when Anakin faces Obi-wan before or after Anakin goes to the dark side.... I have to do a Star Wars cake this weekend!!!!!!!!

cupcakequeen Posted 23 May 2005 , 5:34am
post #3 of 14

Great ideas! The mini figs that I have are Anakin, Dooku, Yoda, Palpatine....I haven't been this stuck for soooo long! The cake I am doing is also for next weekend!

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 23 May 2005 , 5:51am
post #4 of 14

some kind of fighting scene would be good........

yeah I have to do one this weekend too!!!!!!

I havent really focused on it since I have 2 full sheet orders due in two days and 11 wonder dolls this friday.......
mine is due on sunday/monday. if i get any iedas Ill let you know.

flayvurdfun Posted 23 May 2005 , 5:55am
post #5 of 14

from which episode 3? 2? 1? after?? I may be able to come up with something if I knew which...

cupcakequeen Posted 23 May 2005 , 5:57am
post #6 of 14

oops! The figures are from episode 3. however, all characters appear in the previous episodes.

lastingmoments Posted 23 May 2005 , 6:03am
post #7 of 14

how about a round with greay icing made to look like one of the ships.......the millenuim falcon maybe ?? or isnt there a round center of one of those bridges that they always fighting on....
shame on me for not knowing the technical names my husband would kill me me if he knew i was talking like this.......

cupcakequeen Posted 23 May 2005 , 6:10am
post #8 of 14

lol...my boyfriend was just saying that the millenium falcon was HanSolo's smuggling ship...blah blah blah...we saw the movie tonight. I'm not a fan but was surprised to have enjoyed the flick! I'll just have to do some sketches and go from there...but GREY icing was definitely what I had in mind. THX!

flayvurdfun Posted 23 May 2005 , 8:33am
post #9 of 14

Well the reason I asked which episode, is because I know my almost 5 year old would know which figure is from which episode and if I put an episode 3 figure on say a cake that resembles say episode 2 scene he would freak. We get to see the new star wars tomorrow night here.... I guess I would now have to ask is is it a dark side anakin or a good side anakin. I would probably say if its a good anakin (before being possessed to the dark side) I would have him fighting Dooku and Yoda fighting Palpatine, with some kind of background depicting a scene like that. My idea for my sons cake for this weekend is an episode 3 cake. I have lots of figures and a purple lightsaber to kind of do something like this cake
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/11463/normal_Cam_bday_cake.jpg
but it will be a bit different. I have an Obi-wan with 3 other Jedis, General Grievous, Mace Windu, Emperor Palpatine (being the sith). Now what I do with them for sure will be decided after I see the movie......

lastingmoments Posted 24 May 2005 , 5:52am
post #10 of 14

ok I just saw the movie like an hour ago.....it was good i enjoyed it!!!

but I just thought that you should know that the Dooku and Anikin fight in the beginning and thats the only time in the movie that Dooku comes out ..without spoiling anything for anyone else who wants to see the movie. they fight in a battle ship.. so some kind of silver platform would work....
yoda and palpetine fight in the another scene towards the end.......similar background.....

maybe you could do something like the pic that flav suggested...but split the scene diagonally with the light saber(maybe fondant) and make two scenes.
One on top and one on bottom....hope this helps.....

cakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady Posted 24 May 2005 , 5:39pm
post #11 of 14

Along these same lines........I knew if was a matter of time.......I got my first order for Darth Vader. This little boy is going to be 5.....I like the picture posted earlier....If I wanted to do just one character.......what ideas are out there friends?

cupcakequeen Posted 29 May 2005 , 1:04am
post #12 of 14

I can't believe how stumpted I was for a StarWars cake...thanks for all the suggestions...this is the outcome! I hope they were happy!
LL

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 29 May 2005 , 3:32am
post #13 of 14

That's awesome! Really fantastic cake thumbs_up.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 29 May 2005 , 8:10am
post #14 of 14

Very nice looking Star Wars cake, bet they loved it!
Janice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%