Help! 3D Gorilla To Top 10" Round

Decorating By designsbydelights Updated 23 May 2007 , 3:07am by designsbydelights

designsbydelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
designsbydelights Posted 22 May 2007 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 3

I need to know what you would do! I've attached the picture the bride sent me for her grooms cake, the wedding is Thursday night. My thoughts (please let me know yours): I'm planning to use the little 3D Wilton teddy bear pan and make the gorilla lemon pound cake. The base cake regular lemon with blackberry filling (10" round double). The gorilla will rest on his own cake board, supported underneath with dowels with an extended dowel through his head to the bottom of the 10" round. She wanted the albino gorilla, I thought I'd use the #233 tip to make him hairy. They loved the silly look on his face, and well, I'll do my best! Your ideas please! Any potential problems you see? Thanks!
LL

2 replies
cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 23 May 2007 , 1:31am
post #2 of 3

i think everything you have planned will work great. please post pics when done!

designsbydelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
designsbydelights Posted 23 May 2007 , 3:07am
post #3 of 3

I was feeling pretty good about the whole thing, just about to put the little guy in the oven. I decided to call the restaurant (reception site) to let them know what time I'll be there, I have a whole routine. Most important "Please make sure the air is set to frigid". May, right, Texas, check, humidity..been outside lately? Well, they tell me both cakes are to be set up OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!!I'm dying here!!!!!! Not to mention what your gorilla is gonna do. The three tiered brides cake is white buttercream with all the dark brown pattern ALL OVER IT!!!!! We'll do it in melted chocolate or chocolate buttercream - says I. Oh no, says the bride, we don't like chocolate - can't you do it in dark brown buttercream? Well sure I can. And while we're at it - why don't we just set your cakes OUTSIDE! I'm gonna sit down now

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%