I Need Some Tips On Tint Edible Pearls

Decorating By GLORIA2005 Updated 25 Jun 2006 , 5:37am by mendhigurl

GLORIA2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GLORIA2005 Posted 24 Jun 2006 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 5

I am planning to order the already made fontant beads that they sale on sugarcraft and I want to tint them in silver with pedal dust or luster dust. I need tips on what I should use or what better in the silver color because I want to tint them in silver but am not sure what i should use?

4 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 25 Jun 2006 , 12:10am
post #2 of 5

Disclaimer: I have not done this, this is just the way I would try to do it. But this post will get you a bump and hopefully someone else will have a better answer! icon_redface.gif

I would definitely suggest the luster dust for silver. As for applying it i think it will depend on how silver you want it to look. You can try rolling/shaking them in the luster dust first.

If I wanted it a silver silver (i don't know how to describe the different shades/looks of silver) I would mix some vodka with the silver and then paint onto the beads-however this would probably take quite awhile

Sorry i couldn't be more help.

Leily

flourgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourgrl Posted 25 Jun 2006 , 12:18am
post #3 of 5

will you be applying them to the side of a cake?

I would first apply them, then after paint them with the vodka/silver luster combo....otherwise you'll rub off all the silver with your fingers if doing it prior to applying to the cake.

candyladyhelen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyladyhelen Posted 25 Jun 2006 , 2:48am
post #4 of 5

I dust them with a brush first, then place on the cake with tweezers.

mendhigurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mendhigurl Posted 25 Jun 2006 , 5:37am
post #5 of 5

I always use lusterdust...that'll give you the silver color you're looking for, and put them in a ziplock bag or small container with lid...add the luster dust, and a couple drops of alcohol or lemon extract and shake. This will cover your pearls (time saver and mess free). Pour them out and let them dry for a couple hours on a paper towel, and then place on the cake. It works really well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%