Unsteady Cake Stands

Decorating By mkmetz Updated 21 May 2007 , 5:53pm by mkmetz

mkmetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkmetz Posted 21 May 2007 , 5:43pm
post #1 of 3

I just did my first wedding cake on Saturday and used the crystal splendor cake stands that I ordered from sugarcraft (I think they are made of acryllic or some type of plastic material). They are round plates with a hollow tube that pops into the center of each stand for a tiered effect. Well, once I got the cakes set up on the stands, they were completely unsteady! I was seriously afraid that they might tip over. Turns out, they didn't, but I'm still wondering if there are any solutions to this without spending a bunch of money on new stands. Did I just get ripped off on the stands? I'm doing another wedding in June and the couple also wants to use the cake stands! Any advice would be very helpful!! Thanks!

2 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 May 2007 , 5:49pm
post #2 of 3

Be sure the plate that is on the table is larger. This is where your steadiness comes into play. Since you can mix-n-match the plates and tubes, you can change the plate sizes according to the cake.

I use these all the time and they can be a little unsteady if the base plate isn't sufficient to hold and balance the size of the cake on the top plate.

mkmetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkmetz Posted 21 May 2007 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 3

Right now, I have the plate and stand the same size, so I guess it would be better to make the stand one size larger. That makes sense--I will try that. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%