Castle Wedding Cake Topper! Help!

Decorating By HammIamm Updated 21 May 2007 , 3:45am by mgdqueen

HammIamm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HammIamm Posted 20 May 2007 , 11:30pm
post #1 of 7

i need to make a castle for the top of a wedding cake. does anyone know where i can find a template?? would you suggest pastilage or gumpaste???

thanks!

6 replies
mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
designsbydelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
designsbydelights Posted 21 May 2007 , 2:44am
post #3 of 7

I make them out of paper towel cardboard rolls and ice cream cones. Just go for it. Once I get the buildings done I paint with non toxic paint, glue onto a plastic bottom (so nothing touches the cake) and the fun starts. Flags, cording, jeweled pieces, glitter.....you name it. Here are three I made.
LL

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 21 May 2007 , 2:57am
post #4 of 7

Try www.unitedsugardesign.com

2007 catalog pg13

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 21 May 2007 , 3:23am
post #5 of 7

there is one in my pics I made from MMF. In hindsite I should have used gumpaste. It was a risky move on my part. I did add fixodent to my MMF but I think gumpaste would have been less of a gamble.

I just made a pattern I liked on paper and then cut it out of cardboard and used that for a template to cut out my pieces. I let the front curved piece dry on the template curved. The turrets were dried on paper towel rolls covered in saran wrap and after they were dry I slid them off of the paper towel roll and took the saran off the inside.

basic construction of mine was a square box, the turrets, and a curved front with doors.

I glued it all together with royal icing

aurasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aurasmom Posted 21 May 2007 , 3:27am
post #6 of 7

I am thinking of using the smallest turrets in Wiltons new castle cake set. I am using a 6 inch tier and a 10 inch tier for the actual castle, on top of a 14 and 12 inch tier.

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 21 May 2007 , 3:45am
post #7 of 7

here are several styrofoam toppers:

http://caljavaonline.com/castles1.htm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%