Topsy Turvy Cakes.....

Decorating By countrygal Updated 22 Jun 2006 , 5:08pm by countrygal

countrygal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrygal Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 4:26pm
post #1 of 6

I was going to make my sister a topsy turvy cake for her birthday. But now I think i'll make topsy turvy cupcakes instead. Has anyone tried this before??

5 replies
moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 4:30pm
post #2 of 6

The cake shaped like a giant cupcake you mean?

countrygal Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 4:37pm
post #3 of 6

The cake that looks like it is going to fall over. I'm gonna try to get that same illision with cupcakes. icon_smile.gif

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 4:40pm
post #4 of 6

Regular size cupcakes then?

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 4:41pm
post #5 of 6

That's such a cool idea! You could ice them on a slant....or even make a sheet cake and cut out circles to ice individually.

If you did the cupcakes, you could put something like a wine cork in each of the cupcake slots, put the liners on top and then fill with batter. When they bake, they would bake on a slight angle!

countrygal Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 5:08pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by moydear77

Regular size cupcakes then?

Yep. icon_biggrin.gif I'm going to try this next week. I'll be sure to take some pictures and show. thumbs_up.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonia74

That's such a cool idea! You could ice them on a slant....or even make a sheet cake and cut out circles to ice individually.

If you did the cupcakes, you could put something like a wine cork in each of the cupcake slots, put the liners on top and then fill with batter. When they bake, they would bake on a slight angle!

Oh yeah! Great idea! I hadn't thought of that. I could also try putting something under the pan to make the it tilt.

I love CC! You never know what your going to find or what helpful tips you'll get! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Jami

[/quote]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%