Wilton 3D Pumpkin Pan...how Do I Get It To Stand Up?

Decorating By dtmc Updated 22 Jun 2006 , 11:08pm by SheilaF

dtmc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dtmc Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 12

I noticed on here that a lot of people got their pumpkin pan to stand up. How do you achieve this? I put the batter in the pan, bake as instructed and it doesn't seem to even bake up large enough to stand. What am I doing wrong?

HELP!

TIA

11 replies
Katydidz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katydidz Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 12

Any specific pictures you're thinking of? Many of the pumpkin cakes you see here are actually carved (I think). What pan do you have?

dtmc Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 12

It is the Wilton 3-d Pumpkin Pan. It is meant for a 3-d pumpkin standing pumpkin. I want to know how others on here have achieved this. For example the peppy pumpkin in the articles on this site and Wilton's site.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 10:58pm
post #4 of 12

Make sure, that the batter is enough to fill the pan completely when baked. After it has cooled down, just put enough bc icing on the board to glue the pumpkin down. I also put in 2 Kebebsticks to hold the 2 halves together. After decorating I additionally piped some grass around the pumpkin as extra hold. HTH
LL

dtmc Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 11:14pm
post #5 of 12

So do you put the batter in the bottom pan, fill up, and then put the top pan over the other? At first I thought it was two pans you fill with batter then bake. But one pan has a hole in it for ventilation. So do you fill the batter to the very rim then place the other pan on top?

Very confused!

Ursula40 Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 11:26pm
post #6 of 12

Yep, that's what I do, fill the batter pretty much to the rim. Make sure you tie the top half securely to the bottom one. I use a fairly dense cake for these kind of pans, if I have too much batter, I just use the leftover for a smaller cake. I usually eyeball the amount.

dtmc Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 2:21pm
post #7 of 12

Ursula40.....Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 2:49pm
post #8 of 12

I also slice a thin pc off the bottom to help it "stand" more securely.
LL

Ursula40 Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 3:12pm
post #9 of 12

You're wellcome.

I love those little pumpkins in the patch, soo cute

SheilaF Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 10:53pm
post #10 of 12

Thanks. I think they are one of the grossest candies, but the kids like them (and my husband likes them) so I put them in there. They went well with the theme icon_smile.gif

Ursula40 Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 11:01pm
post #11 of 12

I thought you made them, never having seen these candies before, but they do look cute. What do they taste like?

SheilaF Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 11:08pm
post #12 of 12

Sorry. Nope. THey are very similar to the candy corn. You only find them at Halloween. That was one of my first cakes, so I was not very talented at the time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%