Pilgrim's Progress?

Decorating By kjb Updated 21 Jun 2006 , 12:37am by kerririchards

kjb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjb Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 12:10am
post #1 of 4

Hi Out there in cake land!

Our church is teaching John Bunyans' Pilgrim's Progress this year at our VBS program. I'd really like to somehow tell the whole story in a cake...I have had ideas... icon_confused.gif but they require A LOT of cake and alot of time...so if by chance some one out there has already tackled this idea on a cake...or are you willing to share or give some ideas! Please SHARE!!!!

Our VBS program is the second week of July and we have a closing program at the end of the week...I really want to WOW the kids with a cake that tells the whole story that I have taught them during the week!

Thanks in advance!
Kim

3 replies
petitesweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitesweet Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 12:15am
post #2 of 4

You could show the story in a comic strip format, though I don't mean cartoony (is that a word?). Anyway, I was also thinking you could do a large round with the story line going around the cake and the end of the story on the top. Tiers or a "progress" cake also comes to mind. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Loved the book!

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 12:28am
post #3 of 4

I like the idea of the tiers. What if you did a stacked cake and had each tier represent a different part of the book and then you could also take quotes from those parts and write them on the side of each tier.

kerririchards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerririchards Posted 21 Jun 2006 , 12:37am
post #4 of 4

Oh, I LOVED that book when I was a kid! Read it several times! I like the idea of the tiers. You could have the bottom tier start with Christian's first leg on his journey and progress upward to the Celesetial City at the very top. You could use chocolate transfers representing the various characters - that way you could maybe use some drawings from the book and place them in a spiral going up the cake, telling the story as you go. Some quotes would be nice, but I don't think you would really need very many, since the kids will know the story anyway. This will be a really fun cake to do! I can't wait for you to post your pictures!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%