Ugh, My Sister Is A Pow (Vent)

Lounge By jescapades Updated 19 May 2007 , 11:52pm by mkolmar

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 18 May 2007 , 11:46pm
post #1 of 7

icon_evil.gificon_mad.gif

i was commissioned to make my nephew's 2nd birthday cake by my sister and i asked her what she wanted. she said marble cake with chocolate mousse filling and a white frosting that's 'not too sweet'. so i told her i make three kinds of white frosting: buttercream, mary kay and non dairy whip. i told her i can give her some samples of each so she can decide. i was making the mary kay and bc anyway, so i put some of each in a little cup for her (that my dh stole from quiznos) and gave them to her last weekend. didn't hear anything back from her, so tonight i asked her if she tried them and she said no, they are in her fridge. now, i don't know too much about the shelf life of frostings because most people eat the cake immediately and not wait a week.

so i said that she might not want to eat them because i don't know if they are still good.

so i asked her what she wanted for frosting and she said all my frostings are too sweet. ummm, she's only had 2 and they were both different. besides, that was the whole reason i made those samples for her.

grrr... she said she likes the grocery store's frosting. so fine, get your cake from them and leave me alone. what a piece of work!

thanks for letting me vent.

6 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 May 2007 , 12:38am
post #2 of 7

Sounds like no matter what you do, she won't like it so to heck with her opinion! Make something your nephew will just luv!

jescapades Posted 19 May 2007 , 12:42am
post #3 of 7

thank you, hun! i needed you tonight! hug hug hug

she has made this hard from the very beginning. at my open house, she won the raffle for free cupcakes and my mom won the coupon for a free 8" round. she made my mom trade coupons with her.

so then, when i was talking to her initially about what kind of cake she wanted, she said she had a coupon for an 8" round, but told me to make it square instead. (hey, newsflash, round isn't the same as square). then i said i would throw in a small baseball shaped smash cake for free (it's a yankee themed party) and she pretty much said, in not so many words, that i better give it to her for free.

i swear, she was raised by wolves or something. people just aren't this rude, are they?

shifty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shifty Posted 19 May 2007 , 7:56am
post #4 of 7

Aww I am sorry she is being so difficult. I think every family has one of those members. I am sure your nephew will love his cake and really when it comes down to it, thats what matters right?

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 19 May 2007 , 12:41pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jescapades

she pretty much said, in not so many words, that i better give it to her for free.

i swear, she was raised by wolves or something. people just aren't this rude, are they?

Raised by wolves? Isn't she your sister? Don't you have the same parents? People are going to do what they're going to do and say what they're going to say regardless of how they were raised.

Seriously, besides the rude way in which she said it, would you really charge your sister for her own child's cake?

jescapades Posted 19 May 2007 , 2:48pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jescapades

she pretty much said, in not so many words, that i better give it to her for free.

Raised by wolves? Isn't she your sister? Don't you have the same parents?

raised by wolves then adopted by my parents?

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 19 May 2007 , 11:52pm
post #7 of 7

Family can make you crazy if you let them. If she doesn't go to a chain store and buy one and you are still suppose to make one just make one with whatever frosting you think best for your nephew and forget her comments. But the mean side of me is saying to send a cake with no frosting just because she didn't pick one, icon_twisted.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%