Online Classes

Lounge By Dordee Updated 21 May 2007 , 2:04pm by Dordee

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 18 May 2007 , 9:41pm
post #1 of 7

Anyone else on here take online classes? I've acquired around 28 hours so far by taking them. They are SO convienent but a bit harder I think. It is sometimes hard to understand an email from your professor that would have been clear had it been a face to face conversation. I am very thankful for them and don't mind the extra hard work because without them I wouldn't have any hours at all. Just curious.

6 replies
kbochick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbochick Posted 18 May 2007 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 7

up, I've taken all sorts of online classes. Right now, I'm getting my degree from Kaplan, which is completely online, but I've taken online classes from regular colleges, as well.

I love them. Yeah, I hate all the writing, but I can go to school at three in the morning, after I finish a cake. icon_smile.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 18 May 2007 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 7

I've taken a few, but no more on-line classes are available for my major - they are all at the main campus. I loved on line classes

StarbucksAddict Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StarbucksAddict Posted 19 May 2007 , 7:46am
post #4 of 7

For anything outside of my major, online classes rock icon_smile.gif

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 20 May 2007 , 4:08am
post #5 of 7

I have my Associates in Culinary Arts and am working on my Bachelor's in Hospitality and Tourism Management. Since earning my associates I have only taken online classes. In the end it will be 88+ hours! Thank the good Lord they will be over in December if all goes according to plan.

Online classes have been wonderful for convenience, but some of them are very hard. Statistics is horrible online, Accounting-depends on teacher, most all my other classes have been okay. I have learned that depending on the format, it can make things harder or easier. I do think that they are not for everyone and you do have to be very motivated to stick with and do it. What are you working on?

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 20 May 2007 , 10:56am
post #6 of 7

I took stats as a grad student online. I agree that sometimes it's harder to do than a regular class just because you don't get that face to face conversation with your teacher.

I have decided to attend a culinary arts program now (yes I know, a big switch from what I went to college for, lol). I am taking a couple of the required hospitality courses online - one this summer and one this fall.

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 21 May 2007 , 2:04pm
post #7 of 7

I am going for a teaching degree K-5. I can get every class online except for the last 4 weeks and then I will have to go on campus. The campus is about 1-1/2 hours one way from my house and that will be a little hard but it's only one month so I think I can manage it. Including myself, online college classes have really been a blessing for many people. Good luck everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%