First Birthday Cake For Triplets

Decorating By kelli816 Updated 18 May 2007 , 8:26pm by superstar

kelli816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelli816 Posted 18 May 2007 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 8

I have been doing character cakes for my six year old son for his birthday every year. My friends and family say I do a great job, and I really do enjoy it. I have just joined and already learned so much from your site, thank you. My question is, I have triplets, two boys and a girl. They will be turning one this month. I would like ideas on how to create a unisex cake. I am willing to try anything.

7 replies
BlairsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlairsMom Posted 18 May 2007 , 7:41pm
post #2 of 8

Well not sure on cake ideas, sorry. But I had to post and say wow you have triplets who are going to be one, and you have time to make a cake, lol!!! icon_biggrin.gif Good luck, hope you get some great ideas!

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 18 May 2007 , 7:44pm
post #3 of 8

Are they into anything in particular, ie Sesame Street or anything? Or what about just a celebration/party theme, with balloons, confetti, streamers, primary colors, etc. Or bugs, you could do butterflies for your daughter and bugs for the boys...

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 18 May 2007 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 8

When you say character cakes, do you mean the Wilton character pans?
Like crystalina1977 asked, do they have favorite characters?
Sesame Street would be the easiest to choose from if they like them.
If you like the Wilton character pans, you can find on E-Bay right now a bunch of Wilton pans and Wilton mini-pans for smash cakes in the Sesame Street theme.

randipanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
randipanda Posted 18 May 2007 , 8:01pm
post #5 of 8

I just got my new "Taste of Home" and in the back is a section about parties, and the lady did a Caterpillar theme. She did a long sub sandwich that was set out to look like a caterpillar and then did a caterpillar cake. She did 5 half circle cakes, decorated them with a star tip, some solid, some with stripes, some using m &ms as dots. Then she used something to make antenaes and more candy for eyes. It actually looks really cute. She made cookie letters as well to spell out his name and put them on the back of the caterpillar's humps. You could do it in multiple colors, pink and purple humps for the girls, green and blue for the boys. It could look really neat! Plus, just multiply the humps for how many people you have.

tripletmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripletmom Posted 18 May 2007 , 8:07pm
post #6 of 8

Hey there, welcome! I have triplet girls as well who will be turning 4 on June 5th. I can't believe how fast time has flown!

For my girls I made individual cakes for them to 'smash' and then had one big one for everyone else. Each of theirs was made like a little present with white icing and fruit roll-up bows. For the big one I followed the same suit and had a fruit roll-up around the cake and made a bow from that as well. That's pretty unisex in nature. you could use the different coloured roll-ups (don't they have blue now?) and use those.

Sesame street is also a great idea, everyone loves Big BIrd, Elmo, Zowie and Cookie Monster!

For their 2nd birthday each one got their own TeleTubbie, and that was a hoot! After that it's now one big cake but we still sing the 'Happy BIrthday' song 3 times and re-light the candles!icon_lol.gif

randipanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
randipanda Posted 18 May 2007 , 8:08pm
post #7 of 8

Just in case anyone is interested, here is the link to the article in the magazine :
http://www.tasteofhome.com/2007/JJ07/mainFeature05.aspx

I'm going to try to attach a picture too.
LL

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 18 May 2007 , 8:26pm
post #8 of 8

There are some wonderful childrens cakes on CC. So many could be adapted for triplets. (By the way, I think all you moms with small children & still have time to do cakes are wonderful, but those Mom's with triplets are amazing). I salute you all.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%