Rolled Bc Question

Decorating By yummy Updated 18 May 2007 , 10:42am by Joshsmom

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 18 May 2007 , 2:41am
post #1 of 8

Can rolled bc be made from any bc recipe?

7 replies
yummy Posted 18 May 2007 , 3:30am
post #2 of 8

bump

beemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beemarie Posted 18 May 2007 , 3:36am
post #3 of 8

I don't believe so. The buttercream has to have corn syrup (at least the ones I have used). Here is a recipe I found on this site:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1603-rolled-buttercream-icing-recipe.html

It is very fun to work with!

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 18 May 2007 , 4:08am
post #4 of 8

Can you use it just like fondant? Covering cakes?

yummy Posted 18 May 2007 , 4:58am
post #5 of 8

I know, I was wondering can you add corn syrup and more powder sugar to your existing bc to make it rbc. For example the recipe from this site has no liquid except the 1 cup of corn syrup and no butter only butter flavor. So my question is, if your bc is already made, has real butter and milk or whipping cream can it be made into rbc also. If so, how much corn syrup and ps to add to a single bc recipe?

beemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beemarie Posted 18 May 2007 , 5:02am
post #6 of 8

This I don't know. Hopefully somebody will reply that works with rolled buttercream regularly. I've only made it a couple times.

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 18 May 2007 , 5:16am
post #7 of 8

i tried it once...maybe i didn't add enough powedered sugar to it after adding the corn syrup, but it never got firm enough to actually work with. it was very sticky and soft. solid, but hard to work with.
hope this helps.

Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 18 May 2007 , 10:42am
post #8 of 8

I've made RBC from extra BC that I had in the fridge and it works great.

I had about 3 cups of regular bc, I let the bc come to room temp then I added about 1/3 cup of corn syrup and just started kneading in PS to get to the consistency I needed. I put this on my cookies and it came out beautiful.

My bc is the 1/2 butter, 1/2 shortening recipe, don't know if it would work with other bc recipes or not.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%