Rolled Buttercream

Baking By coolchc21 Updated 18 May 2007 , 4:36pm by cakesonoccasion

coolchc21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolchc21 Posted 17 May 2007 , 11:51pm
post #1 of 9

Does anyone have a really good recipe for rbc that they love? Also, when you apply it to the cookie, can you use water to adhere it to the cookie? I'll be doing some more cookies for my kids' last day of school parties next week, and I'll like to try rbc. Thanks.

8 replies
crolfes83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crolfes83 Posted 17 May 2007 , 11:59pm
post #2 of 9

I used the recipe posted in the recipe section here. I didn't care for the taste, but I think it's because I used the wrong shortening (used butter flavored Crisco).

I cut out my shapes first, baked my cookies, then put the RBC on the cookie right out of the oven. It stuck like cement glue! We didn't care for the taste and tried to get it off the cookie.....couldn't do it!

Schmoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmoop Posted 18 May 2007 , 12:05am
post #3 of 9

I used the one posted here as well and I thought it was great! I used regular shortening.

crolfes83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crolfes83 Posted 18 May 2007 , 12:09am
post #4 of 9

I really should give it another try.I know it gets rave reviews. It was very easy to work with. It doesn't get stiff like MMF.

Schmoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmoop Posted 18 May 2007 , 12:11am
post #5 of 9

I find it alot harder to cover cakes with it as it is quite soft. I have only ever used it in the summer months though and it gets hot here!

coolchc21 Posted 18 May 2007 , 12:43am
post #6 of 9

Thanks for your input ladies, I'll give it a go icon_smile.gif

tricia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tricia Posted 18 May 2007 , 2:44am
post #7 of 9

Use the RBC recipe posted here, but I use only half the vanilla and the other half I use orange extract...MMMM
I attach it on cooled cookies with a little bit of clear corn syrup..or placed on a warm cookie.

coolchc21 Posted 18 May 2007 , 12:15pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks tricia, I read of that orange combo somewhere on the boards, maybe it was one of your posts icon_smile.gif I'll definitely be trying that. icon_biggrin.gif

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 18 May 2007 , 4:36pm
post #9 of 9

I use the RBC from here, but double the butter flavor. place it on warm cookies right out of the oven! I can see that it wouldn't work for cakes- too mushy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%