Satin Ice Fondant

Decorating By karateka Updated 20 Jun 2006 , 8:44pm by FunCakesVT

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 18 Jun 2006 , 1:56am
post #1 of 9

Not to be purposely obtuse, but I have a question. I visited the website for Satinice fondant, and apparently you can't place an order there. I emailed them asking how to order, and they emailed back that if I order direct from them I have to have a minimum order. But they didn't answer my question....Can I buy from them? How much is the stuff? If I don't buy from them, who sells their product? I'd like to try it, but to be honest, their customer service didn't really impress me. Am I being too picky? Anybody bought this stuff before that can tell me how?

8 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 18 Jun 2006 , 2:01am
post #2 of 9

I buy mine at our local cake shops. I love Satin Ice. Especially the chocolate fondant. Yum! Tastes like tootsie rolls.

icon_biggrin.gif

I would think that, since Satin Ice gave you the condition on ordering, that you can order from them. I would think that, since they didn't tell you the minimum amount, it would fall under the category of "if you have to ask, you can't afford it." LOL. Get a 5 pounder from your local cake shop and see what you think before you buy a lot.

Deanna

oohlalacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oohlalacakes Posted 18 Jun 2006 , 2:20am
post #3 of 9

If you don't have a local vendor that you can get it from, just do a search for it online. www.cakesbysam.com has it and I know I've run across other sites that do.

usaribbon.gif Samantha

TamiAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamiAZ Posted 18 Jun 2006 , 2:41am
post #4 of 9

Yes, you can order from them, but you have to buy a minimum of 40lbs.. For me, it worked out cheaper to buy it that way because I couldn't buy it locally. I can't remember the price per lb. The prices were different for the choc and colored fondants.

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 18 Jun 2006 , 4:13am
post #5 of 9

Try Ebay. Good price for 2lbs.

WebDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WebDiva Posted 20 Jun 2006 , 8:15pm
post #6 of 9

I second www.cakesbysam.com. I just placed an order last week. They had the best shipping price I could find and for regular shipping, I got my order in 2 days.

I was told there is a store about 45 min - 1 hour away from me that sells it, but if I can't get out there anytime soon, I'll be ordering again from Cakes by Sam.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 20 Jun 2006 , 8:22pm
post #7 of 9

Love the stuff! Pfeil and Holing, got my stuff in two days. They sell all sizes up to #20.

www.cakedeco.com

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Sherry0565 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherry0565 Posted 20 Jun 2006 , 8:28pm
post #8 of 9

karateka ,

I see you are from West Chester, so you are not far from Cincinnati Cake and Candy. (Its on Galbraith road) I have bought satin Ice fondant there. Just be careful if you go, cuz you will spend hours in there!

Sherry

FunCakesVT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FunCakesVT Posted 20 Jun 2006 , 8:44pm
post #9 of 9

I ordered mine from Beryl's and they were quick!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%