Castle Cake...

Decorating By TexasSugar Updated 17 May 2007 , 7:33pm by itsmylife

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:59pm
post #1 of 7

Okay so, I think my nephew has finally decided to let me do a midevil type castle for his b-day. He first said he wanted a sand castle, a repeat of a cake I did many years ago for him. Me being me, hate doing the same cake over and over so, I've been trying to get him to let me do another type of cake.

Anyway, his birthday is the 26th, and I'm not sure what I want my castle to look like. So the question for everyone is...

What must a midevil castle have?

He wants a dragon molded from fondant (oh I hope I can pull that one off), but I'm not sure what else to do, or what shape(s) to do the cake in. I've been looking through pictures and such, but what do you think of when you think castle cakes?

Please help! icon_smile.gif

6 replies
WendyB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyB Posted 17 May 2007 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 7

Draw bridge, moat, maybe vines gowing up the walls.

kimm889793 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimm889793 Posted 17 May 2007 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 7

Maybe some crocodiles in the water around the castle? Cute ideas~ can't wait to see the castle!

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 17 May 2007 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 7

those tall rectangle flags with a coat of arms symbol in the middle maybe.

GaPeach2430139 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GaPeach2430139 Posted 17 May 2007 , 7:17pm
post #5 of 7

You could do a round tip for rocks all over the walls, then go back and press them down and make them odd shaped. It will make them look like real stones.

UGoCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UGoCakes Posted 17 May 2007 , 7:23pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaPeach2430139

You could do a round tip for rocks all over the walls, then go back and press them down and make them odd shaped. It will make them look like real stones.

I just did that same thing on my daughters castle cake. It is a great way to create cobble stones. I got rave reviews and it is easy!! good luck thumbs_up.gif

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 17 May 2007 , 7:33pm
post #7 of 7

I found this one on a google search. It was someone's wedding cake, but I think it really has that medieval look to it.

http://www.hj-weddingcakes.co.uk/weddingcakes.shtml

I think the design is really cool, the stones look real (except the color). But you could make it gray, and then add things that everyone else was suggesting like the moat, coat of arms, ivy etc....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%