Oreo Molds - Letter

Baking By mississippigirl Updated 17 May 2007 , 11:04pm by mississippigirl

mississippigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mississippigirl Posted 17 May 2007 , 3:49pm
post #1 of 16

HELP! I have done many choc covered oreos with the spinning leaf molds. I love doing them. But i have a local dentist office that wants to order some with an 'H' on them. Do you know where i might could find an 'H' oreo mold? I would love to do this for them and he would be a great client, but i've got to have the mold. Any ideas or suggestions would be much apreciated.

15 replies
crolfes83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:07pm
post #3 of 16

that's what I would do too, pop the h on top of the plain oreo mold. it will take a lot longer since there is only one letter in that mold though. hmmmm.......could you use a stencil and 'wipe' chocolate or thinned color gel through the stencil onto the oreo?

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:14pm
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

that's what I would do too, pop the h on top of the plain oreo mold. it will take a lot longer since there is only one letter in that mold though. hmmmm.......could you use a stencil and 'wipe' chocolate or thinned color gel through the stencil onto the oreo?

I was thinking along the stencil idea also. You could use a color of luster dust, I think this would really stand out on the chocolate or white chocolate and it would go quicker than making one H in every mold.

chocolateandpeanutbutter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolateandpeanutbutter Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:26pm
post #5 of 16

What about piping the H's out of chocolate and then applying them to the tops of the chocolate covered oreos? You could dust them before you apply them, if you wanted.

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:30pm
post #6 of 16

I would use a plain mold & pipe the H with chocolate or RI if you can't get the alphabet molds in time.
Am I the only one who thinks its funny that a dentists office wants chocolate covered oreos lol, good for business I guess lol.

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:38pm
post #7 of 16

I would definitely use the plain and embellish...you could do sugarveil and trace a font if you don't like your own handwriting..I'm planning on doing this myself, soon- but I know it works great for others!

mississippigirl Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:48pm
post #8 of 16

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. I might have to just try and see what i can come up with. I like all your suggestions. I have no idea how many he's going to want, so i would like something easy and less time consuming. I did think it was funny for a dentist to want these.

crolfes83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crolfes83 Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:50pm
post #9 of 16

ooooh, I never thought of sugarveil! Great idea!
I bought some but I haven't tried it. I bought the instructional video too!

I've been looking at this site:
http://www.thesweetpalette.com/index.html

Problem is, I can't view most of their site.
I'm I the only one? Just curiousicon_smile.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:50pm
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustbunny

Am I the only one who thinks its funny that a dentists office wants chocolate covered oreos lol, good for business I guess lol.

It's job Security =)

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 17 May 2007 , 6:13pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by crolfes83

I've been looking at this site:
http://www.thesweetpalette.com/index.html

Problem is, I can't view most of their site.
I'm I the only one? Just curiousicon_smile.gif

On the home page, they mention about just going live, so I wonder if they don't have all of their pictures up yet???

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 17 May 2007 , 6:28pm
post #12 of 16

I know that sugarcraft.com also had the cookie molds. You can check there.

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 17 May 2007 , 7:23pm
post #13 of 16

could you put something in there- like some kind of H before you pour the chocolate, and then pry it off when it cools- to make an impression??

CakesByEllen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByEllen Posted 17 May 2007 , 9:09pm
post #14 of 16

I think candylandcrafts will work with you to create a custom (set?) mold. Might be worth asking.

deedee4420 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deedee4420 Posted 17 May 2007 , 9:48pm
post #15 of 16

I found a chocolate mold on Ebay that has the letters EFGH and there are 5 of each. That might be helpful to make 5 H's at a time. and put them on top of the plain molds.

The ebay item number is 180108765952 and the seller is candymolds4u.

I hope this helps.

mississippigirl Posted 17 May 2007 , 11:04pm
post #16 of 16

thank you all so much for your suggestions. I'm about to try piping and see how that goes first. i thought that might not be such an investment..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%