Has Anyone Tried A Hummingbird Cake

Decorating By CherylAnn Updated 21 May 2007 , 7:55pm by sweeteecakes

CherylAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherylAnn Posted 17 May 2007 , 7:49am
post #1 of 16

I have found the most delicious cake recipe that I have tried in years. A hummingbird cake with cream cheese frosting. It was awesome... DH who doesnt like cake loved it... If you havent tried it please by all means dooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

15 replies
lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 17 May 2007 , 11:23am
post #2 of 16

OK, I'll bite, what's a Hummingbird Cake? Always happy to have new cake recipes.

dazey1050 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dazey1050 Posted 17 May 2007 , 11:48am
post #3 of 16

I haven't ever made one, but that's what I had for my wedding cake. Totally yummy ... especially strange because I absolutely hate bananas, but loved this cake!

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 17 May 2007 , 12:13pm
post #4 of 16

After looking at a recipe, I can see why it was such a success. Sounds fabulous.

HeatherDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeatherDawn Posted 17 May 2007 , 12:30pm
post #5 of 16

Hummingbird cakes are wonderful!!!!! I agree with you. One of my favs. It's a heavier cake than most, but devine!!

BoothsBest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BoothsBest Posted 17 May 2007 , 12:51pm
post #6 of 16

Hummingbird cake is one of my favorites too. I like adding a cup of coconut to go along with the pineapple, bananas and nuts. Yum.....

CherylAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherylAnn Posted 17 May 2007 , 7:00pm
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapazlady

OK, I'll bite, what's a Hummingbird Cake? Always happy to have new cake recipes.

For anyone who hasnt tried it I will post the recipe in the recipe section... and believe me its to die for!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know if you try this after reading my recipe !!!ENJOY

hillmn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hillmn Posted 17 May 2007 , 7:08pm
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoothsBest

Hummingbird cake is one of my favorites too. I like adding a cup of coconut to go along with the pineapple, bananas and nuts. Yum.....

Yum, I am going to have to do this when I make a Hummingbird cake again! I love this cake! I use the Cake Doctors recipe, I have never made one from scratch. These make great mini-cupcakes for a brunch, they are almost more like mini-muffins.

1gananny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1gananny Posted 17 May 2007 , 7:08pm
post #9 of 16

I agree it is a great cake. We have been making them for years. One thing to keep in mind though, depending on where you live, keep it refridgerated. That is what I have to do living in Ga. thumbs_up.gif

Cynda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cynda Posted 17 May 2007 , 7:10pm
post #10 of 16

One of the girls I work with brought one to a gathering and OMG it was WONDERFUL!!! I have never tried to make it before.

sweetooth2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetooth2 Posted 17 May 2007 , 8:06pm
post #11 of 16

I LOVE Hummingbird cake it is one of my favs... icon_biggrin.gif
I dont normaly care for cream cheese frosting but in this cake ....well it just makes it I would tell everyone to try it once... thumbs_up.gif

neni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neni Posted 18 May 2007 , 9:02am
post #12 of 16

I love Hummingbird cake, it is one of my favorites. I can't wait to get your recipe, I can't find mine so I haven't made it in a while. I am so excited thumbs_up.gif

Erica

belindajax Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
belindajax Posted 18 May 2007 , 9:19am
post #13 of 16

Hummingbird cake is my specialty cake. It is so yummy and the reactions from people are amazing. I bake it from scratch and honestly, its probably the easiest scratch cake I bake.

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 18 May 2007 , 9:32am
post #14 of 16

There are like 4 or 5 Hummingbird recipes in the recipe section. Which one are you talking about? I would like to make one also. thanks.

belindajax Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
belindajax Posted 19 May 2007 , 10:37am
post #15 of 16

Also, go to the recipe from Southern Living magazine. I believe it's their most popular recipe of all time. You can find it on their website at http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=387218.

HTH

Oops...if that link didn't work go to www.southernliving.com and do a search on hummingbird cake. They have two versions, regular and light. I've never made the light version since I've had so much success with the regular.

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 21 May 2007 , 7:55pm
post #16 of 16

One of my favorites!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%