Container For Graduation Cookies

Baking By JRAE33 Updated 17 May 2007 , 3:39pm by alysmom09

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 17 May 2007 , 12:00am
post #1 of 6

This year we only have a couple of graduation parties. Usually I like to fill up a laundry basket with things a new college student would need (tylenol, alarm clock, paper, etc...) but that won't work this year as one is graduating college and the other isn't going on to college. So, I've decided to just make up cookie bouquets and throw some $$$ in a card. Don't like to give just cash. Anyways, I'm thinking of doing just traditional grad cookies...maybe some stars, diploma, caps, etc...but I'm stumped on what to put the bouquet in. Any good container ideas? TIA.

5 replies
have_your_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
have_your_cake Posted 17 May 2007 , 1:36am
post #2 of 6

a coffee cup with a saying about studying or maybe their school logo? Or one of those crockery jars that say "college fund" or something like that?

mawagner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mawagner Posted 17 May 2007 , 10:21am
post #3 of 6

I'm using a chinese take out style box that is decorated with little graduation hats. I've made one and have one more to go. I found it at A.C. Moore for only $1.00.

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 17 May 2007 , 11:54am
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the ideas! I think I will have to make a run to the store and see if I can find a couple of take out boxes...I'm looking for cheap (yet cute). Thanks again. Jodie

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 17 May 2007 , 3:16pm
post #5 of 6

I used a terra cotta pot in the one in my pics..I know- not too original- but I painted it black- and it was cheap!

alysmom09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alysmom09 Posted 17 May 2007 , 3:39pm
post #6 of 6

How about omitting the sticks for the bouquet and individually wrapping each cookie and placing it in like a trinket box or a nice lunch bag that they can use at work..........

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%