Met W/the Owner Of The Cert Kitchen I'll Be Working In 2Day

Business By momsandraven Updated 20 Jun 2006 , 3:30pm by momsandraven

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 16 Jun 2006 , 3:55am
post #1 of 8

I am SOOOO floating on cloud 9 this week!! God is really shining on me! First, I had my first stranger bridal consult last night that resulted in a big order. (see my thread from yesterday) Then, today, I met with the woman who owns the sandwich shop (read:certified kitchen) that I will be baking in. She is awesome! She is going to start including my business name in her advertising (Susie Q's now featuring 'Costa Confections'), and wants me to make a couple of dummy cakes for display at her shop. My 'rent' will be baking muffins for her to sell while I'm there. We haven't nailed down all of the specifics just yet, like if she will get a commision on cakes ordered through her store, how many muffins, etc. but I can see that she is going to be very easy to work with.

I AM FINALLY LEGAL!!

Also, my Mom sent me an email today to let me know that her bank has decided to start having a monthly cake for employee birthdays, and they are considering ordering the cakes from me. My prices are higher than the other (grocery store) bakery that they are looking at, but I have a large following of cake groupees in my Mom's office, so I'm hoping that they will be swayed in my direction.

I really want to thank everyone here too. All of the atta' girls and kind comments on pictures posted really gave me the confidence to pursue this. See, you just never know how much good a kind word can do! thumbs_up.gif

7 replies
lsawyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsawyer Posted 16 Jun 2006 , 4:01am
post #2 of 8

Wow.....it sounds like things are really starting to roll for you! Congratulations! And don't forget to have fun!

mbalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbalis Posted 16 Jun 2006 , 7:06pm
post #3 of 8

That's great news for you! Congrats thumbs_up.gif

I live in Lombard, IL, pretty far away but am sending you good wishes! So if you bake / decorate in her kitchen you are legal. Wow. Something to think about for the future.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 18 Jun 2006 , 1:30am
post #4 of 8

Congrats! Sound like my idea of heaven. I hope it all goes well for you!

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 18 Jun 2006 , 1:38am
post #5 of 8

Congrats. I wish you the best of luck. thumbs_up.gif Wow I would be on cloud nine also.

WOW icon_biggrin.gif

greenhorn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greenhorn Posted 18 Jun 2006 , 1:48am
post #6 of 8

That's wonderful! I wish you the best of luck!

tysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tysmom Posted 18 Jun 2006 , 1:52am
post #7 of 8

That is awesome!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS AND THE BEST OF LUCK!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 20 Jun 2006 , 3:30pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks everyone! I just ordered some business cards from gotprint.com, and got a great deal on them. I feel so 'official'. LOL DH has a laser color printer in his office at work, so I bought some glossy paper stock and he's been printing out brochures for me. Once I get some money from cake sales saved up, I'll get a bigger qty printed, but at least this way I can start getting the word out.

Again, thanks for all the good wishes! They mean a lot. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%