Need Help Making Trees . . .

Decorating By montanakate Updated 18 May 2005 , 9:57pm by montanakate

montanakate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
montanakate Posted 18 May 2005 , 7:41pm
post #1 of 6

I need some ideas how to make pine trees (or something like them) on a cake. I do not need them to be 3-d, flat is ok. I'm doing a BCT with an elk on it for a hunter and I want to put on some trees. I'm just not sure what tip? Also if you ave any ideas on how to make camo pattern on a cake. I do not have an airbrush icon_cry.gif so I can't do it that way. Any suggestions?
Thanks

5 replies
NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 18 May 2005 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 6

I know you said the trees dont have to be 3D but I just made the cutest 3D ones from pointed ice cream cones and used a leave tip -just layered them right up to the top getting smaller as I went. icon_lol.gif

montanakate Posted 18 May 2005 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 6

Sounds cool! Can you post pictures of them? I'd love to see the cake.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 18 May 2005 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 6

You could use fondant to make the camo. Something like this one...
http://birthdayexpress.speedera.net/images.birthdayexpress.com/bexpress/assets/product_images/E7009.jpg

Or you could ice the camo parts green and pipe on the brown, black and light green sections. Use crusting BC, and you'll be able to smooth all of it with a viva paper towel.

thyterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thyterrell Posted 18 May 2005 , 9:07pm
post #5 of 6

if you can use stand-up trees, i also used sugar ice cream cones, turned upside down, in different sizes, and used a star tip with buttercream icing.

montanakate Posted 18 May 2005 , 9:57pm
post #6 of 6

Lisa,
I think that I might try the crusting BC thing for the camo. My friend wants a spice cake w/ cream cheese frosting, so I think I can add some cream cheese to the BC and hopefully that will work ok. Thanks for the tips, I'll post and let you guys know how it comes out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%