Anyone Have A Google Toolbar

Decorating By emie Updated 17 May 2007 , 4:07pm by emie

emie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emie Posted 16 May 2007 , 1:01pm
post #1 of 5

I have a question but I am so bad with computer terms but here goes.....
The Google toolbar at the top left of my screen has a drop down box that shows every website that has ever been accessed. How can I permanently delete these? When I clear history they don't delete. If I delete one at a time it is not permanent. I hope someone can help me. Thanks.

4 replies
lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 16 May 2007 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 5

I have a google toolbar. Are you clicking on the "clear history" at the bottom of the list (from the drop down arrow)? I just did mine, and it seems to have worked. When I started to type something in to search after that, the google thing gives you a list of suggestions based on what you begin to type, but that's it. I then click on the blue drop down arrow again, and the only thing that came out was what I had last typed as a search. Everything else had been cleared. Sorry if this isn't helping icon_sad.gif It worked for me, and I call myself "monkey-paws" when it comes to the computer icon_razz.gif

emie Posted 16 May 2007 , 2:32pm
post #3 of 5

Thank goodness, you do know what I'm talking about. When I clear history & click on the blue drop down arrow it "appears" to be cleared but
if I type in an a for ex. everything I've ever searched for that begins with an a is all still there. Maybe they can't be deleted. Thanks very much.

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 16 May 2007 , 11:38pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by emie

Thank goodness, you do know what I'm talking about. When I clear history & click on the blue drop down arrow it "appears" to be cleared but
if I type in an a for ex. everything I've ever searched for that begins with an a is all still there. Maybe they can't be deleted. Thanks very much.

try clearing your computer history....its under tools there is also a box you can check to clear all cookies too

that should clear it ...then if you click the drop box next to the G in the google search go to manage and under more you can change some settings to keep it from doing that(I think)....

hope that helps

emie Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:07pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks twinsline, that does help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%